Instead, her thoughts had all been about Clark.
smile1 she is still in love with Clark.

She had dreamed she and Clark were walking through a field surrounded by trees. When they reached a fence, he had held her around her waist and floated them over the gate, floated them as if he were Superman.
Anotehr flashback, this one to before time broke.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. It was an intense kiss, such as the one she and Clark had shared on the bed the previous evening, the type of kiss that led somewhere. When she opened her eyes, they were at Superman’s palace in the clouds, lying together on a bed of cumulus mediocris.
I guess her flashbacks merge with actual dreams, which makes the whole thing even less believable.

Her logical side knew that Superman couldn’t possibly live in the clouds, or be Clark, but this was a dream after all.
Well she is right on one count.

Lois: What, Superman could live in the clouds? I guess, but it would be hard to have food there.

She went on to unbutton Clark’s shirt to find that he was wearing Superman’s suit underneath. See, total and complete dream.
If she only knew, if she only knew.

A pang of remorse hit her. She should have let Clark sleep with her,
Then neither of them would have slept at all.

Lois: I meant sleep, sleep, not what you are thinking of buster. I would not have done more than hold his wonderful chest close to me.

Lois had been wearing this long, pale pink negligee with a lot more class than the one Superman had found her in after she had woken up from her Revenge stupor. Clark’s soft hand had brushed the strap of her nightgown away and kissed down her neck to her…
She really does want Clark.

“I think that’s supposed to be Metropolis,” Clark said, reaching for the remote control that Perry had tossed onto the table. He rewound the video twenty seconds. “See here. That’s supposed to be Lex Tower, and…” He advanced it a few frames. “Here. That looks like the Daily Planet globe.”

They all squinted and leaned forward towards the television, trying to see what Clark saw.

“Now that you mention it…” Perry murmured, tilting his head. “Yeah, that does look like the Daily Planet. Good eye, there, Kent.”
Is Clark now implementing his special abilities plan?

Clark: No, no one ever notices if I see things that they miss. They figure I just have really special glasses, or something.

Cat looked at Clark. “Could Superman stop it? A tidal wave?”
Clark: I think Cat is coming close to violating the agreement.

Clark shrugged, scratching his ear. “I don’t know. I don’t think he’s ever encountered one before, at least that size, that I’m aware of,” he replied.
Clark: Hopefully that will keep Lois from thinking of the truth.

Lois: So you are lieing again Clark.

Clark: Everything I said was true. I do not know of Superman ever stopping a tidal wave.

Lois looked at Clark, and he nodded. “I’ll see if I can reach him today sometime,” he agreed vaguely.
Clark: Hmm, maybe one of these times I need to fail to reach him.

Lois: Why?

Clark: Otherwise people might start to wonder why I always succeed.

Lois: Why do you always succeed?

Clark: Look at the time. Let's go get lunch.

John Pack Lambert