Hi Virginia,

It's Sunday morning (for me): good time to read and comment.

Clark couldn’t decide which would be worse: being alone with a fiery mad Lois or trying to make it through a meal with his new lie still intact.
CAT: Being alone with Mad Dog Lane when she is angry!

They had to know that it was impossible for him to be helping them out on the farm several times a week, if he lived in Metropolis
MARTHA: See, Jerome (or whatever is your name), WE KNOW that you are Superman.

CLARK: eek

Walt had then looked to Clark to dare and correct him. Tommy had burst into tears again, and Walt called him a crybaby.
Apparently, Walt is a jerk in every dimension!

Martha Kent crossed her arms and said, “Clark Jerome Kent, you wouldn’t ever lie to me, would you?” Then she waited as the guilt of his words settle in on him.

Clark hadn’t known that his mom knew the truth. Before he had made it home, Mrs. Irig had gotten the truth out of Tommy and called Mrs. Kent. Clark was already getting fast in those days, but clearly he was still slower than a telephone line. After five minutes of sitting on the bottom step of the stairs, he confessed the truth in tears.
Martha is the best!

True to his word, Walt had cut off their friendship and refused to have anything to do with ‘the tattletale’ ever again.
Better for you, Clark!

MARTHA: Of course!

That’s what I love about my little blueberry muffin,” Clark said, shooting a grin at Lois.

She slugged him. “Don’t call me that, Pinocchio.”
help

“Superman? Why him?”
MARTHA: Because I know that you are Superman, of course!

CLARK: eek

Her bottom lip shook in telling him this, and the tear she had been holding at bay let go of its mooring and fell.
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)