Originally posted by John Lambert:
I agree with the assesment of how alt-Clark feels for canon Lois. If I remember correctly she kisses him on the lips when he first sees him, and then he has to explain to Lana that he has no idea who this lady who came up and kissed him was.
This is correct.

I am not sure if Lois realizes he is not her Clark at that point, but since he looks exactly like him, and acts mainly like him, it is not too surprising a reaction, especially if she is not sure she will ever go back to where she came from.
Yes, I was a bit confused on her motivation with the kiss as well. I'm thinking when Wells told her they were in another dimension in which she was killed, she got confused and thought it was *after* she and Clark had met / become friendly.

"He doesn't know that she's an exact copy of the woman he fell in love with (the woman who made him Superman)."

This has come through load and clear in the story, and is one of the most fun things about it. Clark keeps thinking "this Lois is so much harder to get through to than the one that other Clark dealt with. He was so lucky, his Lois was so kind, caring, loving, supportive, understanding and never loved Superman while hating Clark." The truth that we all know is that alt-Clark just had the good fortune of dealing with canon Lois after she had spent 2+ years being changed by interacting with Clark. He does not know about Luthor, or Scardino, or their first adventure with Tempus, or so much more. Of course, canon Clark may have had it a bit easier having his parents to turn to, but he got plenty of whams from Lois like "I love you like a brother".
I'm glad you enjoy that little joke in my story. evil Won't he be embarrassed when / if he ever discovers the truth? [Linked Image]

This time Lois whams alt-Clark with similar but different actions, like "You can be my pretend boyfriend, while Superman and I secretly date." (quotes are for dialogue purposes as this is not a direct quote).

Actually, I do believe Wells told Clark about Tempus... <Checks back> Ah, yes. Sorry, this is from the Epilogue of Another Lois... but I don't believe has any spoilers on that story...
Another Lois Epilogue:
I’ve always wanted what every man wants: a wife, a family, a home, stability. I feel like, in one foul swoop, Tempus erased my future.” Clark’s hands were in fists as he paced his living room in barely controlled frustration.

Wells turned to face him. “I truly am sorry, my boy,” he apologized with a frown.

Clark knocked the apology out of the air. “It’s not your fault.”

“Oh, but it is,” Wells corrected him. “I am the one who brought Tempus back from the future in the first place.” An expression of disbelief splashed across Clark’s features as the time-traveler launched into the tale of what had happened during his first journey into the future. “So, Clark, I’ve spent, off and on, the last…” Wells looked up to the ceiling in thought. “… almost eighteen years, trying to fix that one error…” He sighed. “… trying to keep Utopia as I had first seen it alive.”
Just ignore Clark's misuse of the 'fell swoop' idiom. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.