Luthor stepped away from the indignity of being carried by Superman like a sack of potatoes and straightened his suit.
hyper

My gun discharged accidentally...”
uh-huh.

Only Lois didn’t want Superman to take her to the hospital. She wanted Clark, and Clark couldn’t super speed anyone, anywhere.
clap

“Lois!” he called again, approaching her. She didn’t move. He knew she should be able to hear him, so he guessed she was going into shock.
Oh bugger.

but it was evidence, evidence against Luthor.
/nods/

He should have dropped Luthor into the Pacific.
[Linked Image]
Atlantic. Pacific is too far away. Would have had to leave Lois alone for a much longer time.

“You could’ve been shot,” Lois said, her voice hoarse.
It wouldn’t have been the first time.

“A bullet train?” he suggested, and then bit his tongue. That had been in poor taste.
clap

He could hear Tommy Garrison’s magnified voice echoing through the air as the boxer continued to call to him. “Superman! Suuuuuppp-eeeer-man!” Garrison scoffed.
Can *somebody* just finally pull his plug?

They only relented when Lois said that if they wanted to take her to the hospital, Clark was coming too.
So, how will he get around the next-of-kin hurdle? And will Lucy take as good care of her sister as she did of her new boyfriend?

Frankly, at this moment, she felt like being pampered, loved, and held. Superman couldn’t do that, not in public anyway. Lois knew that was a job for Clark Kent.
Awwwww… But if she’s not careful, she’ll give Clark a major dizzy spell when she drops him again once she’s healed up enough to go to work. So, in ten hours or so?

Guilt washed over her for using Clark in this manner. He deserved so much more, especially from a woman who would never love him like he loved her.
Clark doesn’t mind being used. He would vote for even more using, though.

ignored you, and avoided you, and, yet, here you are, still here, still wanting to be with me. Why?”
Glutton for punishment?

“Glutton for punishment, I guess,” Clark answered with a shrug.
clap Too bad that the double meaning will be lost on her.

“I’m not the best; well, okay, I am the best, but not for you.” She was a perfect fit for Superman, not Clark.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.