“Are you all right?” he asked, panic in his eyes only for her.
“No, Doofus. I’ve been *shot*!”

Lois looked down at Menken and saw blood splatter across his grey jacket. Menken wasn’t looking at her, but at Superman.
Is he scared? Or is he shot, too?

Had Menken fallen into a puddle? His pants were all wet.
Hmm… [Linked Image]

She went to raise her arm to point at Menken and tell Superman that he had been shot, but her arm felt stiff as if she had worked out too hard.
Yeah, what about that?
She shifted her eyes to see why it ached and saw that some of Menken’s blood had stained her brown coat.
She got shot in the arm! I’m actually somewhat relieved.

As soon as her hand touched her bicep, a dull pain radiated throughout her arm. “Ow!” she yelped,
Oops/

She wondered why her arm stung from Menken’s blood.
It’s poisonous.

Superman gulped, and appeared to be trying not to breathe.
[Linked Image]

Lois glanced down at Menken. No wonder Superman was holding his breath; Menken and the rest of the trash smelled to high heaven.
I don’t think it’s the trash that’s smelling. There’s even a graemlin for that on the site, but I don’t really want to link it here.

“It’s a through and through shot, Lois,” Superman told her. “The bullet missed the bone and your artery, but…”
So, Menken could be hit, too? And had a reflexive bowl movement before he went to visit [Linked Image]

She spun around and focused her intense gaze on Lex. “You shot me?”
clap

“What?! No, Lois!” Lex tried to correct her. “I shot Menken. I saved you.”
Umm… Mr. Luthor, sir?

“I wasn’t in any danger until you shot me!” Lois repeated.
He’d better think of something quickly, otherwise his dating days might be over. Well, dating Lois, at least.

“If you hadn’t moved...” Lex said.
Aaaamm…

“So, it’s my fault that you shot me?”
See?

“I… I …” sputtered Lex at a loss for words, which was quite unusual for him. He glanced between Lois’s arm and Superman.
clap Does he realize that Superman is physically able to hurt him?

Lex glanced down at his gun and, tossing it on the ground,
“What gun? *I* didn’t have a gun. Ugh-Uh. I was just trying to distract the bad guy. Uh-huh.”

A moment later Superman had pinned him against a brick wall, his arm under Lex’s jaw. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t pulverize you?” he demanded.
laugh

Lois knew that if she let this go on, Superman would hurt Lex, or worse.
Actually, if he disintegrated Luthor and has Max fall off a roof after chasing him, only Superman and Lois would have to know. [Linked Image]

She set her left hand on Superman’s arm and said, “Because you’re better than that.”
Aaargh, that old bit…

“I…” Lex said, rasping, as he picked himself up and dusted off his suit. “I should have you arrested for that.”
[Linked Image]
Possession of a concealed weapon. Hazardous discharge of a weapon. Willful endangerment of the public. Negligence. Indecency in public (aka relieving his B&B). Do I need to go on?

“You shot Lois. I’d keep my mouth shut if I were you,”
The real problem is, that now Lex knows for a fact just how much Lois means to Superman. It would have been much better had Superman landed, calmly inspected the scene, uttered a “You’ve been hurt, Ms. Lane. I should call an ambulance.” And to Lex: “Thank you, Mr. Luthor, for trying to apprehend a criminal. May I suggest you leave it to the vigilantes the next time?” And then pulled out a cellphone to call said ambulance before flying off with Max Menken.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.