It seems no matter what Clark does he loses. Hopefully he will see that Lois' temporary anger is better than her permanent anger. She may yell at him now, but she will move past it.

Lois exploding at Clark for not taking advantage of her while she was drunk does seem a bit much, but at some level makes sense.

In the end though I think he has not learned the right lessons from dealing with Lana. He needs to know that he cannot control Lois. He should just accept that Lois loves Superman truly and deeply, and tell her the truth. Of course if he did this would be a short story.

On the other hand, I may be underestimating both the hurt and the hallowness. He has seen unending hallowness in his other demension. Still, his noble rejection of Lois as Superman is unwisely putting her at risk. What Clark needs to realize is that the only way to protect Lois is to stand between her and the bad guys. Nothing he does can make it so they stop hunting her.

I am liking this story, but have to say it is much more emotionally high strung than the L&C TV show. It probably does not help that this Clark loved Lois before he saw her, and thus had a higher level of need for self control when he first flew with her. His lack of parents to turn to is also causing him to do a little more stupid things. On the other hand in the show the real Clark shot himself in the foot a lot, so this is not much worse.

In fact, he has laid down the law to Lois on the impossibility of a relationship much sooner. It seems to not have worked at all. Of course in the TV show it was not his laying down the law but Lois deciding that Clark was really the guy for her. In fact in the second season Superman and Clark were both courting Lois, although once in a while Superman would try to point Lois to Clark. The real dancing with Lois, especially when Lois thought Clark loved Mayson, was not in any way an attempt by Clark to move Lois away from Superman and towards Clark.

So I guess I should be patient. Still, the fact that this is the wrong Clark should make me not root for him at all I try to tell myself. Well, I try to tell myself that, but another part of me say, let this Clark hook up with this Lois, and if they get the right Clark back, we can just take him to Alt-Clark's dimension and have him save that Lois and hide out with her until after when that Clark left. Probably not going to happen, but it is a possibility.

John Pack Lambert