Asking Cat to bid against Lois, so that Lois wouldn’t have had a chance at winning a date with Superman, had not helped matters any. Cat had said she would be happy to oblige as she’d like nothing more than a date with Superman. Clark had felt like banging his head against a concrete wall in frustration; not as if that would have done him, or the concrete wall, any good.
Not your brightest idea of the day.

It wouldn’t do any good for his reputation or for Lois’ safety for Superman to go off half-cocked and punch Luthor for talking to the woman he loved, no matter how tempting the desire had been.
Maybe not, but it would be fun to watch!

“How could he not like you, Lois?” Clark asked her, digging himself deeper into that hole he had hoped to avoid by telling her that she and Superman could only be friends. “Someone as wonderful, funny, intelligent, beautiful, and determined as you. I know if you felt for me what you do for him, there wouldn’t be anything stopping me from taking you into my arms and whisking you away to the stars. So, he must have a darn good reason.
Awww, how cute!

“Come on, Chuck, whisk me to the stars. Be my own personal super man. Make me forget him.”
This can't end well...

Two Jimmys!? Didn't see that coming.

“Lois,” he said, his voice still quiet, so their conversation wouldn’t be overheard by Alan Morris and his body unmoving. “You were angry, in pain, and you were drunk.” He pushed a wayward lock of hair behind her ear. “I didn’t want to take advantage of you.”

“Well, who asked you to protect me? Mr. Love-‘em-and-Leave-‘em? Maybe I wanted… needed some escape from my life for one night, to know that someone found me attractive, and wanted me, and you weren’t there for me,” Lois defended her bruised ego, still shoving on the door to get it closed. “I can’t believe I thought you cared.”

“Fine. I give up, Lois,” Clark said, throwing his hands into the air. “The next time you get inebriated and beg me to sleep with you, I’ll turn off my morals and cave. Is that what you want?”
Ooooh, I wouldn't have said that if I were you...

I wouldn’t beg you to sleep with me if my life depended on it. So, don’t hold your breath, Chuck
I bet you will.

Can't wait for the 23rd!

X