Clark had held up a hand, surrendering. “I won’t say a word.”
/cocks eyebrow/

She had bought herself a Rocky Road cone last week and had actually ended up throwing it out; it tasted so bad, like dirt. She doubted she’d ever buy one again.
Ooooh! Didn’t Doc Friskin use RR to describe Call-Me-Daniel?

Perry had told Clark that Luthor was a dangerous man, not one to make his enemy, but in this dimension nobody knew that Clark was Superman, therefore, the reporter part of himself, his friends, and loved ones were protected.
That’s all true. But nobody knows about his heat-vision either. So, couldn’t he kind of evaporate Lex? Or whisk him out of the penthouse and let him fall down a couple of stories. Say, a hundred?

Criminals hated not being recognized for their bad deeds.
That’s what mirrors are for. And executions of arch enemies.

The billionaire turned away from Superman, and Clark knew it was because the man could no longer face him, guilt written with every step he took away from him.
Right. Guilt.

He might not be admitting guilt with his words, but with every action, every movement, every ounce of body language, he screamed his confession out to the hero.
Ah, what if he is a…say…sociopath?

Was that why he reviewing his image in the mirror? Did he think that Superman was going to kill him? Did he want to look his best before he died for his crimes?
Am… I think it would genuinely surprise Lex.

“Like any other citizen of the planet, I must obey the law. I am not above it,”
But he hasn’t been naturalized yet. He’s still an illegal alien. And where did Clark get the social security number from, actually?

“All you have to do is look up.” He raised his fist into the air and disappeared into the night’s sky.
Wouldn’t it have been fun if that had given Superman away as Clark’s boytoy just like it gave Tony away as Lex’s?

She couldn’t believe the man. He was going out to meet Superman without her, lying to her about it,
laugh

Had Clark just unintentionally admit to having a boyfriend? Well, he guessed, technically, he would be sharing the place with Superman. Clark chuckled.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.