Christina: Extra Long FDK! hyper Thanks you. laugh

Drat, I guess not. I always believed Canon-Lois believed that Clark was jealous of Luthor but I always thought it was mostly later in the first season. I guess in this case this recognition is starting earlier.
Yep, when they had their argument about the "interview date", she realized that Clark didn't just dislike Luthor, he was jealous that he got a date with Lois and Clark didn't.

It took me a second to figure out why she would say she was the lead reporter like it held some significance and then I realized she was justifying why he was looking to her to confirm his comment.
Actually, the look is canon. Clark is looking at Lois to see if she believes him about the explosion "flying" them, or if she realized it was him. I had Lois rationalize the look.

This comment is from the previous canon history I'm guessing. In the AltCanon1 Jimmy died in this blast?
Pretty much.

Uh oh, Lois is suspecting something... then again she could ust be saying that Clark always knew that the chain was easy to break and had already done so before she bled her romantic work history to him.
Sorry, fans, it's the latter.

He would have to be patient. He could do that.

Are you really sure you can, Clark? I know you talk about Lana but you didn't have such a deep, intense reaction to her as you did Lois. You may not know it but considering how close she is to the original Lois he may have his work cut out for himself.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. evil

Clark: "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can." Do any of us really believe him? [Linked Image]

Yikes, I can't imagine how that would work (the controlling his flight during sex part, that is as I have to imagine that in that moment it's probably an involuntary thing.
I've read stories where Clark was sexually involved with other women, before he met Lois, who didn't know he had the ability of flight (I know eek ). And while this, I'm guessing, is physically possible, I could never imagine it being all that pleasureable for him, IMHO.

He says that now but wait until you have a reason to go "I give up, take me please!!"
He won't have to wait that long, except... [Linked Image]

Wow, more obvious major jealousy there! Love it.
I've always considered canon S1 Lois to be extremely jealous of other women flirting with Clark. I'm not sure why she was, except for the "keep your hands off of this man who is obsessed with me. He's mine!" quality of Lois and Clark's relationship.

Wow! Love that little easter egg about how different the two universes are. And I hadn't even thought about how that might affect how Clark might have different mental history for Perry's role model.
I drop a lot of eggs about alt-dimension in this story.

You know, I had always wondered why it had never been talked about and you made a very good point here about why she didn't.
The way Luthor speaks without really saying anything led me to believe that the article was never written.

*snort* Sounds like he has this idealized version of the CanonLois in his mind's eye. Too bad that version won't be knocked off of her pedestal for him.
Canon Lois is the ideal Lois for him to strive for, he just doesn't realize that it was her Clark's love that made her that way. Plus, I think it's hilarious that he's always comparing Lois to herself without even realizing it. evil

How much do you want to bet Perry was seriously considering the possibility of teaming them up?
Who? Perry? Sweet innocent editor in Chief? He wouldn't have been thinking of doing that to Lois and Clark, would he have? angel-devil

A very plausible explanation as to why Clark in canonverse never said anything to Lois directly about Luthor. I always thought it had something to do with his experiences as Superman but honestly I like this better because it makes it less about his super abilities and more about his day-to-day interactions.
Thank you.

I don't (usually) like reading (or for that matter writing) fic that is too close to canon without a major twist and this just didn't seem like that much of a twist at that point in their storyline (where it makes a difference is during "Phoenix" and the CloneArc.) I think your story takes that concept (as they are almost soulmates so I read it as the soulmate connection minus the curse) and makes it work.
We're about to make a sharp right turn from canon... [Linked Image] Oh, look at the time. Part 6 will be up momentarily. Got to go!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.