She heard Clark mumble something that sounded like “Say ‘hi’ to Luthor for us,” but that didn’t make any sense. Why would Dr. Baines be seeing Lex Luthor? Lois’s brow furrowed.
I'm kind of hoping that Clark's jealousy will help jog Lois it continue to investigate.

She heard Clark mumble something that sounded like “Say ‘hi’ to Luthor for us,” but that didn’t make any sense. Why would Dr. Baines be seeing Lex Luthor? Lois’s brow furrowed.
Drat, I guess not. I always believed Canon-Lois believed that Clark was jealous of Luthor but I always thought it was mostly later in the first season. I guess in this case this recognition is starting earlier.

Lois could hear the sizzling and bubbling of chemicals behind her as the hangar quickly filled with smoke. They had just reached the doorway when the first blast occurred. Clark wrapped a protective arm around her waist, propelling her forward. Another explosion went off just after they passed through the open doorway. She could feel the blast pick them up off the ground and throw them across the alley and into a large puddle of mud as series of explosions blew up what was left of the Messenger wreckage and the hangar.

She picked herself up and turned back to the now decimated warehouse. “What happened?”

“I don’t know,” Clark admitted, glancing between her and the burning building. “I guess the force from the explosion must have carried us here.”

Lois knew that, but why was Clark looking at her like he wondered if she believed his theory? Well, she was the lead reporter.
It took me a second to figure out why she would say she was the lead reporter like it held some significance and then I realized she was justifying why he was looking to her to confirm his comment.

She heard Jimmy gasp from the other side of Clark, and she lifted her head. Jimmy was staring at where the helicopter had just been. He was okay. He wasn’t dead! Lois pushed Clark out of her way and wrapped her arms around her junior underling. “Jimmy! You’re alive!”

Jimmy patted her on the back with a chuckle. “In shock there, Lois?”

Lois nudged him playfully away. “I… uh… I thought…”
This comment is from the previous canon history I'm guessing. In the AltCanon1 Jimmy died in this blast?

That wasn’t true. Only she had thought they would die. Clark somehow knew they would make it. Damn! It was that missing link. He knew the whole time that he would be able to get them free. Why hadn’t he told her?! She had rambled on with all her most private story and he had just let her. Ooooh. She was right, she did hate him.
Uh oh, Lois is suspecting something... then again she could ust be saying that Clark always knew that the chain was easy to break and had already done so before she bled her romantic work history to him.

Clark was glad Lois had opened up to him. He felt bad that Lois had such a horrid experience with that Claude fellow. He now understood her distrust of other reporters, especially other male reporters. He would have his work cut out proving to her that he wasn’t like other men. He would have to be patient. He could do that.
Are you really sure you can, Clark? I know you talk about Lana but you didn't have such a deep, intense reaction to her as you did Lois. You may not know it but considering how close she is to the original Lois he may have his work cut out for himself.

Sex with Lana felt more like a punishment than the reward she thought it was. She had hated it when he floated, so he had to exert extra effort to stay completely in control.
Yikes, I can't imagine how that would work (the controlling his flight during sex part, that is as I have to imagine that in that moment it's probably an involuntary thing.

When that other Lois had walked into his newsroom a year before and pressed her lips to his, for the first time in his life he had regretted sharing his body with anyone else. The fire she had ignited in him had been all-consuming, burning out any and all love and tenderness that had remained within him for Lana. He knew in that instant what he had missing in his life. When Lois had told him of her other dimension, of her Clark, of how she not only accepted her fiancé for who and what he was, but how who he was made her love him, Clark knew in that instant where he belonged, where his home truly was. She had been both his salvation and his curse all at the same time. If it took this new Lois until the end of time to love him, he would wait.
He says that now but wait until you have a reason to go "I give up, take me please!!" clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)