Mouserocks: I never mentioned when in AL's universe that Jimmy died, only that he had (as I didn't add that aspect to the story until after I started writing this one.) laugh

Clark's not a v... very patient man? Not even quasi-patient? That's a shocker. I mean, I could expect it more with Lana (ALTCLARK's Lana, of course- we know our Clark would never). But Rachel too?!? Oh, my. He has as much experience as Lois does, doesn't he? (Or thereabouts.)
Basically the same, and probably about as good. I'm sure that if he had grown up through his teenage years with the Kents, their all-encompassing parental love would have kept him more paitent. But this was a teenage boy, who was alone in the world and the only person who was there for him, his best friend, asked him for a favor. How could he say no? It was only that one time.

Anyway, after writing the description of how awful it was with Lana, I felt bad for Clark, I wanted his first time to be better, so he could recognize the difference... and have something better to hope for with Lois. evil Hee-Hee. Yep, basically the same woman.

Quick question- are the timelines all run through infinite loops (which would explain the memories coming back)? Or is it more like Schrodinger's theory, where each shift in the course of time indicates a new timeline altogether that splits from the original (which would keep things nice and neat within each timeline- time A would still happen, and time B would still happen, just separately)? Just out of curiosity, even if there's no right answer...
Okay, once again...

Canon time = unaltered. That Lois and Clark are fine and doing whatever they're doing over there.

Alt-Dimension = The timeline that alt-Clark left behind, where alt-Lois is dead in the past.

Alt-Canon-Time A = Same as canon dimension until March 17, 1995 (Tempus Fugitive).

Alt-Canon-Time B = March 17, 1995 and beyond (Universe of Another Lois) in which there is no "Clark Kent" wink .

Alt-Canon-Time C = Same as "B" except that the memories implanted into Lois to explain why the world was different than in "A" are now real. (Universe of Wrong Clark). So, swimming around in Lois' head are all her true memories from timeline "A" and the implanted ones from "B" and now she's living it again with this Clark. This is why some things are familiar to her.

In this "Universe" a new dimension is formed only when a major breech has occured necessitating it, such as Tempus mucking up the timeline. Since Alt-Clark coming to this universe is basically righting it back to it's original/natural form, the time-gods allow it without creating another universe.

For Schrodinger's theory, I think you need to read Ken's Matchmaker Chronicles.

I can only imagine more evil is up ahead. Great chapter! Happy for the three day update! (And equally unhappy in the lull after that ) I suppose I'll live.
Just don't get too used to that posting schedule. As I wrote, you can always read them every other day as I would have originally posted them. <<ducking>> Or not.

I thought about having a break and waiting until the 11th to post Part 8, pushing all the Part postings back a notch, but I figured since we were coming up on the Prometheus launch I'd be kind, this once. Well, kind to my readers, no promises on kindness to Lois and Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.