No make-out sessons on a bed with good ol' DEA guy. That's an improvement, right?
So, this is like the old bait-and-switch where the daughter tells her parents she’s pregnant only to retract and tell then she just didn’t get into college.

She wondered if he was referring to their weekend at the Lexor over a year before, when she had gotten the bed – both nights. Seniority had its perks.
Poor little Jimmy. He probably was too ecstatic to even be near Lois to make a claim.

Or the time he had crashed on her sofa after they had been exposed to Miranda’s Revenge perfume and Ralph had followed her home.
/waits patiently while binding fingers in chew-protectors/

Okay, true, she had been working the dock strike and hadn’t been sprayed.
[Linked Image]

. Actually, Jimmy had followed her home too, but she had allowed him to stay after Ralph had pushed his way into her apartment on some phony-baloney excuse, and Jimmy had to pull him off her.
[Linked Image]

Still, she had locked her bedroom door that night.
Yeah, wouldn’t want to wake up to Jimmy sucking her toes.

Lois would have crashed at Jimmy’s place, but his cramped quarters made a frat house look quiet, cozy, and clean.
razz Can I say *wrong* guy for Lois?

“How about you let me do my job and you do yours before I change my mind about what I had to say?”
Well, he’s being a body guard. It *is* his job.

“So, who here’s selling illegal drugs?”

Right. DEA. But it was too late, Dan had made her smile again. She leaned close to him and replied, “Anyone here with the last name ‘Church’.”
razz

“You should really try one of these,” he suggested, turning to Lois and accidentally knocking the sticky hor d’oeuvre against her white dress.
eek Did he try to cop a feel?

Her purse slid off her shoulder and landed with a thunk on the ground. As she picked up her purse, she inadvertently grabbed a bit of the tablecloth as well.
Oooooh!

It looked big and nasty with lots of wires and a big container of boiling or bubbling who knew what.
This doesn’t sound too good.

Lois rolled her eyes and smacked Dan’s shoe. He jumped. “Lois!” Dan glanced down at her and she waved. “Lane!” he continued, growling with annoyance. Oh great, had he thought she meant something else?
So, that’s how you got this one in. I *was* wondering. And she’s not whisper-speaking ‘bomb’ to prevent a panic?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.