Not *much* time, but I'll grab what I can.
Sometimes I think people on the boards hate the idea of Lois with Dan more than Clark with Mayson.
Damn straight. laugh
But, Lois, that’s all Superman is: a dream man, a fantasy. He isn’t real. He doesn’t exist. And never will. Clark is also a fantasy, but a different kind. He’s your co-worker who you always beat out for stories. He supports you emotionally, but he also keeps you on your toes professionally, right? So, Clark more real, but he doesn’t exist either. And Lex? Well, he’s dead.
Wow, she just dove right in there, didn't she? Go for it, Sarah! Dash her frfagile heart to pieces! :rolleyes:
“That’s the point. Clark’s chocolate. It’s good and all, but you’ve had it.”
Not technically...
“Yes, but you can put hot fudge on it and whipped cream.” Lois grinned. “And nuts.”
/spews water everywhere... rereads... yep, can't possibly just be my dirty mind...
Right. You take the great guy that Clark is and add all the super hero bits and you get… Superman!
Let's focus in on that point.
He’s the sundae with the works. Chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, nuts, cherry.” The young woman smiled. “Bananas.”

“Oh, bananas,” Lois moaned as she rested her head on her palm and thought about eating that banana split
evil )
What you want is a little bit of this, a little bit of that. I’m telling you, Lois, it’s time to take out that little pink taster spoon and try Rocky Road.
Yes. Sampling. The key to every healthy relationship.
If she was going to scare Scardino off with how she looked in the morning, she might as well do it before they got intimate. Oh, God, was she thinking about getting intimate with Dan?
/scrambles in search of a baseball bat to be ready just in case/ Oh, wait. I almost forgot we had lackeys on this board. wildguy wildguy
He was stronger than he looked.
Hmm. Jimmy? Strong? Perhaps... nah. He couldn't be... well, it does say here he's a 97% match... laugh
Relaxing for a fraction of a moment, Lois closed her eyes and whispered, “I’m dead.”
Clever.
Jimmy was her lackey, and she wasn’t going to lose him over a little brainwashing
peep Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Take me home, and get me to bed.
I'm going to continue reading this with the baseball bat besides me. Although, that could be risky- I don't want to get too upset and end up accidentally smashing Jimmy (my laptop).
“Why don’t we save that for a time when I’m right in the head?”

“So…” Dan paused as he unlocked her car door before going around to climb in the driver’s side. “Never?”
/crickets sound/ Um... yeah... that joke kinda fell flat, didn't it?
Lois stood there for a moment, contemplating why she wanted him to actually open the door for her. She didn’t need a man to open doors for her; so why was she suddenly expecting such chivalrous behavior from Dan?
Aw. Lois, sweeite. That's Clark withdrawals... WAIT. Did not catch that until I wrote it. blush
Lois kept thinking back to her date with Dan. She had asked him to tell her about his current case: dead end. She asked him to tell her what he did for the DEA: change of subject. Dan told her that his work was strictly off limits. He would not, could not talk about it. He had said this while taking her straight home.
There should be red flags all over the place with this one.
Was she too distracted with the memory of becoming Kent’s partner?
[...]
No. Not memory. It couldn’t have been a memory, unless it had been a recollection of her dream, which truthfully, didn’t make sense. How come she could remember her dreams so vividly recently, when she never had before? It was like they were invading her conscious self.
Hmm... sleep on that one, Lois. Why *are* you confusing dreams with reality? (Oooh! Like Inception!)

Great chapter. Can't wait for more. I guess I got more detailed than I intended with the FDK, but that's okay. More for you!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain