Dandello, I am really enjoying your take on this story. Like Happygirl said, I feel that some of the impact of the original is lost, knowing that it was the clone that Lois helped destroy. I personally prefer to think of this as an "alternate ending/continuation", so I would be very happy to see you post it on the archive separately from Taking Down a God.

In any case, like everyone else, I need to know what has happened to Clark. Is he recovering somewhere? Does Lois know the secret? And if Clark is still alive, how will he suppress his need to help, since Superman would remain an unwanted figure?

And although I'm wandering off-topic here, I have to comment to this:
I realize that to most people, Lois Lane is a really minor character compared to Superman.
Ann, we all know of your strong opinions about Lois' role in the entirety of the Superman universe. But remember that here you are preaching to people who love this incarnation of the Superman mythos, not the general public at large. Although some - maybe even many, but certainly not all - of those in Lois & Clarkdom may cite Clark as their favorite character, do any of us regard Lois as a "really minor character"? Truly - maybe we should ask for a show of hands...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5