Just throwing in a couple of two cents here. I didn't start reading this one until about Part 83 or so. Not that I don't love Carol's writing - because I do - but I'm less fond of "early" L&C stories.

As mature as Lois and Clark both probably believed themselves to believe they were at 18, let's face it: they were only 18, they still had - and STILL have - a lot to learn about life. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought they had pretty much a handle on everything at 18. Over the years, I learned that I wasn't quite as smart or mature as I thought I was.

Clark and Lois are both making lots of mistakes, both making decisions and judgements based on what they assume the other is thinking/feeling, which is not always correct. I understand how each of them feel, and I feel sorry for both of them, but I don't know that either one of them is MORE to blame for the state that they're in. Although certainly it's easy to point the finger at Clark for pining after Lana for so long.

And Ann, I totally agree with you that each marriage is a special case and that no outsider can fully understand the circumstances. But this comment of yours,
But, Sheila, it seems to me that that is what you are saying. If the husband wants a divorce, it is always the wife's fault.
surprised me. I haven't read all the comments in all the feedback folders, so perhaps you are referring to earlier comments Sheila has made, but certainly I did not get this interpretation from Sheila's statement in this folder. Not at all.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5