Aww! I loved this. I always wanted to see more fan fiction based on "The Eyes Have It" and this was just perfect.

Just... you can never, ever breathe a word of this to Clark," I tell him, blushing all the way to my ears. He tilts his head to the side a little bit and raises an eyebrow. I sigh. Guess I'm going to have to explain. "It's just... last year. You remember, the tsunami you saved us from?"

"Yeah?"

Is it me or is that a twinkle in his eye?
I loved that! Poor Lois.

"You know," I start saying, before my mind is fast enough to stop me, "I've had this bed for years, yet no one – and I mean no one – has ever slept in it with me." Oh, rats. Why'd I have to go and tell him that? Don't I know by now that there are some secrets that should remain just that, secrets? "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you that. You probably think I'm pretty pathetic now, don't you?"

He hesitates for a second, as if he's weighing his answer. "I don't think it's pathetic at all," he says, finally.
And that was really sweet. I liked the things you picked for them to confess to each other.

And of course, this line just made me melt.

But right this second, as insane as it sounds, the only thing I'm thinking... is that I wish I were with Clark, instead.
Wonderful job, Lara! That was perfect. Only now that all these stories are being posted I'm feeling a little guilty about the lousy start I have on mine! Better go work on that now. Thanks for the great story!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile