Sue, I stayed up until 2 in the morning to catch up on this story. I can't even begin to describe how much I'm enjoying it!

I also have to apologize for just now getting around to reading it! Since school ended for the summer I've been working 7 days a week. And don't get me started on this whole 9-5 business! grumble I'm glad I still have a year of college left because I'm not ready for this! But I digress...

It's been so frustrating for me to watch these two interact with each other. I just want to yell at them to simply talk to each other and be honest with each other! Its all so pointless: Lois getting angry because Clark doesn't react appropriately to her semi-nakedness, and Clark hiding his reactions because he doesn't want to offend Lois. They seem so angry with each other, sniping and making comments at each other. But I suppose the pain will do that to a person.

In the past couple parts I was surprised at how rude Clark was acting. He just seemed so angry with her for insisting on taking him along. And for not being more concerned for her injuries. I suppose the guilt over the whole situation compounded with his injuries would make anyone change. And he probably doesn't have a lot of extra concern to go around since he's in pretty bad shape himself. But I guess I'm just used to his more caring side. (And just as a disclaimer, this in no way means I'm not enjoying this story! You write it so well. And it would be boring if every story was the same. I enjoy reading any and all differing angles of these two! smile )

You made it better with this part though. They actually started to talk a bit. And to lay next to the person you love under a sky like that...I can't even imagine what that would be like. Too bad they're practically bleeding to death and can't fully enjoy the experience. I'm interested to see what happens between them that makes Clark so adamant about calling her his wife. Not that I should be surprised, but I'm still excited to see what happens.

Sue, I cannot wait for the next parts. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for vacation on Tuesday and I'm sure I won't get to see how this all ends for at least another week! There are so many questions that need to be answered! I just hope you post the next part before Monday...although maybe there will be a huge cliffhanger and that would just make it worse...oh I don't care. Bring on the next part! grovel

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?