Well, thanks, guys, for the opinions.

Well, ML, it is a better epilogue, but only because you need to see Lois and Clark together.
You're right, Gerry. I absolutely need to see Lois and Clark together at the end. It lets me know that all is right in the universe laugh .

I think my favorite satirical bit is the comparision of these two passages:

Besides, she had truly adored Lex's ability to forgive her for leaving him at the altar in spite of how she must have hurt him. A man like that would never abandon her the way Clark had.
And this one:

"The woman made one mistake, Clark. One. And you managed to pay her back for it when you went to see her as Superman. And yet you still used it to push her out of your life. So much for that sympathetic, understanding guy you like to think you are."
Portraying Lex as the one who is able to forgive and Clark as the one who is unforgiving wink .

On the other hand, Kelly as the perfect woman is a satire, too. Still, we all know her - the woman whose personality changes when she's trying to snag a husband. And we sit back and look at her poor target and say, "He has no idea what he's getting himself into." (Or is that just me blush )

However, Kelly is that woman in the extreme. The woman who says 'H-E double toothpicks' is the woman who is slowly poisoning him with kryptonite. To me, that's satire.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane