Given all the epilogue comments (not to mention Patrick's brilliant idea laugh ), I tried a rewrite. Do you guys think this works better? I need to hear from people who can't stomach Lois and Clark apart as well as people who felt that the epilogue negated the story.

In another, very familiar universe, Clark awoke with a start. It took him a moment to orient himself and another to realize he was floating. He fell back to his bed, bouncing on the hard surface.

"You dreaming again?" asked the woman lying in bed beside him.

Was he dreaming? He glanced around his familiar room in the familiar brownstone that he had shared with his wife since shortly after their marriage on October 6, 1996. Then he looked over at the dark haired woman looking at him through sleep filled eyes.

"A nightmare is more like it," Clark said, reaching over to pull her into his arms before rolling over to kiss her, slowly, deeply.

"Mmm..." she purred when he finally broke the kiss. "What brought that on?"

"I'm just glad I waited for you to come to your senses and decide to marry me."

Her face lit up in a slow smile. "I'm just glad you decided I was worth the wait."

"Me, too, Lois. Believe me. Me too."

The End
I think I could live with this as a compromise. What do you guys think?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane