Hi Lara,

I've just started reading your "Clark Kent is Batman ... NOT!" series and I'm having a blast.

So here's totally not concise feedback of the quote-as-you-go variety:

Lucy said as she was now starting to think her sister's reputation as an investigative reporter was well over done.
- LOL, yeah, that's what we all think at times wink

He'd always known that a different hairstyle and glasses wasn't exactly an impenetrable disguise,
- LOL, so you're a smart boy after all

Not bothering with the fact that he seemed to be working on something at the time, she grabbed him by the chin turned his head so he'd be facing her.
- sorry for being so repetivite, but: LOL, I was caught by surprise here, too wink

"Ah!" she let out, victoriously. "See, I knew it, there really isn't anything special about you."

"Wow. Thanks Lois, that's always nice to hear," he told her, in a wounded tone. He knew perfectly well what she was referring to, but that didn't make the words any less hurtful.

"No, no, I don't mean it like that Clark," she explained as she started back towards her desk. "You are special, in a way... just not that way."

"Gee, it makes so much more sense now," he said, in an acid tone.
great exchange

He was starting to wonder if it was even worth trying to salvage their friendship, once she found out about his other identity. She'd never see him as anything more than someone she was free to push around and God forbid she should start acting this way when he was out being Superman, else people would definitely start getting all kinds of ideas in their heads.
- I like this reasoning, it's funny and actually makes some sense wink

"Oh, dammit! Lois Lane, you are as blind as you are dense! Let me spell it out for you. Clark. Kent. Is. Batman."
- LOL again

Not to mention, if she actually stopped to think about it just a little bit, she would figure out who he really was. Lois really wasn't that blind!
- I wouldn't be so sure ...

"Yeah, I kinda thought so, really. I mean, Lucy said she'd recognized your jaw line and your chin, but seriously... she hasn't seen Batman up close and personal anymore than I have. Besides, I really can't imagine you in a spandex suit, Clark." She laughed at the thought. "Yeah, definitely not! You'd look awful in that."
- Well, you don't *have* to imagine ... you've already *seen it*, for god's sakes *shakes her head

and she was fairly certain that Clark had no super powers. He couldn't unscrew bottles caps on his own half the time!
- or so you think ... wink

I really like her thought process - though I was a little surprised at her conclusion:

Too bad Clark wasn't Superman, she thought with a giggle. No... Lois knew for a fact that Clark wasn't Superman. After all, Clark had grown up in Kansas - she'd seen the baby pictures when they were in Smallville not very long ago. As for Superman, well, not only was he from Krypton, he hadn't even been around for very long anyhow.
- I guess Tempus was right after all ...

Anyways, great little story - and a fabulous title, too smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader