Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 03:07 AM
rotflol That was good! Green Arrow or Spiderman, indeed! Why not Wildcat, Nightwing, Doc Fate or something? rotflol
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 03:41 AM
Gaaaah!!! Ughh! Groan!!! Yeah, blind as a bat, indeed, and intergalactically stupid Lois, whom I'm really only moderately fond of... but, all the same, this was very funny, Lara!

Hey! How does Lois know that Clark isn't the Martian Manhunter? J'on J'onnz is a shapeshifter, after all. Maybe he keeps shifting into his Clark Kent shape?

Too bad Clark wasn't Superman, she thought with a giggle. No... Lois knew for a fact that Clark wasn't Superman. After all, Clark had grown up in Kansas - she'd seen the baby pictures when they were in Smallville not very long ago. As for Superman, well, not only was he from Krypton, he hadn't even been around for very long anyhow.
<groan> (but <giggle>, too)

She sighed as she tried to imagine her partner and the man she loved, morphed into one. Wouldn't that have been just really... well, super? What a pity he wasn't, she thought.
<super-sized groan> (and a <giggle>)

If there was one thing that Lois knew for sure about herself is that she could solve mysteries like no one else could.
I can't take it any more! Super-moronic Lois attacks Ann! Ann is down! Five, six, seven, eight, nine... ten and OUT!!!!

Ann
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 06:52 AM
smile Thanks Mellie! I'm glad you found it amusing.

As you can certainly tell by the time of my post, this was written in the middle of the night... I was having yet another attack of the "I might as well get up, I've been staring at the ceiling for 2 hours" - yikes.

Gaaaah!!! Ughh! Groan!!! Yeah, blind as a bat, indeed, and intergalactically stupid Lois, whom I'm really only moderately fond of... but, all the same, this was very funny, Lara!
Eh. That's precisely why I put in an apology just for you. Cause this Lois is so damned blind, that confronted with the possibility that Clark might be Superman, she can't even see it. But I'm glad it made you laugh a little anyway. smile

Hey! How does Lois know that Clark isn't the Martian Manhunter? J'on J'onnz is a shapeshifter, after all. Maybe he keeps shifting into his Clark Kent shape?
Yeah, that would have made sense. But, since she dismisses the fact that Clark could be Superman because Superman isn't from Earth, it didn't really make sense that Clark be a Martian either. He's from Kansas!

I can't take it any more! Super-moronic Lois attacks Ann! Ann is down! Five, six, seven, eight, nine... ten and OUT!!!!
rotflol
You've totally gotten me down for the count with that one, Ann! hehehe!

BTW... note that the bit about Clark possibly being Green Arrow is a direct reference to Smallville and it is most definitely there on purpose. I couldn't help myself! (cause, OMG, the kiss!!! Have you seen it? Have you seen it? *happy sigh*)
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 08:01 AM
Yeah, amusing indeed. I wouldn't have been able to come up with the half amount of these heroes. I always thought as a reporter Lois would go for the most obvious. But being intergallactically stupid might be a problem. wink

Great work, Lara. And that title... *giggles* For some reason I won't tell you yet I find this especially amusing. rotflol
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 08:22 AM
LOL! That was great! Almost every superhero but Wonder Woman!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 09:26 AM
Wonder Woman? Well... Lois isn't blind enough to think that Clark could be Wonder Woman! LOL! But somehow the thought of him in that suit is ridiculously funny... I'm sorry...

Barbara - I hope you will tell me, eventually! Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 09:49 AM
Come on girl, let me mystify this a bit. It's too much fun not to do it. You'll learn soon enough, I promise. laugh

You can try bugging me, but I don't think this will help. wink
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 10:12 AM
Oh Lara - too funny. Thanks for the laugh on this ugly, cold, dreary winter day. laugh

-- DJ
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 11:11 AM
Lara, you mean the one with Clark disguised as Green Arrow? Yeah, I've seen it.

Great part. Lois, only eliminate the impossible, not the improbable.

Lara, I think the inside joke has something to do with a story bakasi is working on?
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 11:50 AM
Very funny!

I'm sure we wouldn't mind another continuation! (Hint)

wildguy Maybe this guy will help to persuade you? laugh

BTW... note that the bit about Clark possibly being Green Arrow is a direct reference to Smallville and it is most definitely there on purpose. I couldn't help myself! (cause, OMG, the kiss!!! Have you seen it? Have you seen it? *happy sigh*)
I saw it and almost danced around my house in glee. It's about TIME that those two showed a little chemistry toward each other! Oh, how I only wish I could could find a fandom for Smallville like this one!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 11:57 AM
Hey DJ - glad you liked it. hehe! We're having an awful winter day over here as well. 'cause, guess what, winter's here! It's snowing like crazy out there. And here I thought it wouldn't snow until after my birthday... this snow storm just cost me 20$. (I should know better than to bet against mother nature, I know!)

Lara, you mean the one with Clark disguised as Green Arrow? Yeah, I've seen it.
Wasn't it just awesome? ...I can't stop watching it. I put it on my youtube account and half the views are likely to be mine. *lol*

Great part. Lois, only eliminate the impossible, not the improbable.
Hey, who ever said women think logically? I know I sure don't. Besides... she's seen the *baby pictures*. LOL!

Lara, I think the inside joke has something to do with a story bakasi is working on?
Yeah, I know it does. And I'm guessing this is something she would send me to BR. smile

I know I'll see it eventually, Barbara. smile I can't wait! I'm so curious it itches. *lol* And you know, I'm not really complaining, I do actually like surprises. smile

I'm sure we wouldn't mind another continuation! (Hint)
I just knew someone would say that. I wouldn't mind another sequel myself. Don't tell anyone I said this, but I have some of it written already. But, shhhh! It's a secret.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone happens to see Terry around, I do believe he owes me strawberries and cream. Heh. wink

Thanks for all the comments, guys. 'love ya! sloppy
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 01:13 PM
Here you are, my lady, your virtual strawberries and cream - hmmm, there doesn't seem to be an icon for this particular treat. How about I e-mail them to you? Assuming, of course, that I am able to fit them into the envelope. Failing that, I suggest a trip to the nearest grocery store for some Life Savers Strawberries and Cream hard candy. It's quite tasty, as are all your offerings.

This was good, Lara. I chuckled, I guffawed, I tittered, and I laughed. Aloud, even.

And you're working on a sequel to the sequel? Without being bribed? Er, I mean, encouraged, of course, not bribed, because you are certainly above such coarse inducements. But if the second sequel is as funny as the first two installments, this will be on somebody's Kerth nomination list next year.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 02:04 PM
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Here are your strawberries, Lara! Sorry I don't have cream for you, though.

Can't you try to create a picture of Clark in the WonderWoman costume? It's hilarious, but I'd love to see it.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 02:47 PM
Thanks Mellie, that was very yummy! smile

And well, yeah, I can *totally* make an image of a guy in Wonder Woman's outfit. I'm not absolutely convinced the guy will come out looking like Clark, though. (mind you, I'm working on a little project... might turn out to be a lot of fun!)

Terry! You are so making me blush right now! blush Thank you! I'd go over and hug you, but Oklahoma is a little far to travel for one without the power of flight, so you'll have to settle for a smiley instead. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 07:58 PM
But Green Lantern was a black man and Clark most definitely wasn't.
Ah, but Green Lantern hasn’t always been black... There have been others, Lois.
Green Arrow, perhaps?
Well, yeah, sometimes, Lois... in another universe, anyway.

Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)
What are you talking about girl? I totally lost you...

Oh, and by the way, if anyone happens to see Terry around, I do believe he owes me strawberries and cream. Heh
You must explain that one....

Where did you get those strawberries, Mellie?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 08:07 PM
Oh too funny. Superman didn't even make the list! Yeppp, you go get 'em Lois. I'll be waiting at the finish line with a Clue x 4.

JD
smile
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 08:13 PM
Ah, but Green Lantern hasn’t always been black... There have been others, Lois.
Sure enough, but being as though there is supposed to be only one Green Lantern per planet and that the current one is black, he cannot be Clark.

If A = B and B = C then A = C wink and don't ask me how I can manage such profound thoughts given the state of my synapses right now... Second wind, I guess?

Green Arrow, perhaps?
-------------------------------
Well, yeah, sometimes, Lois... in another universe, anyway.
Yes. And when she kisses him - who isn't him but actually Clark - she finds out just what a great kisser he is. And fans shout out with glee. weeee!!!!

Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)
----------------------------
What are you talking about girl? I totally lost you...
Barbara said that something in that story made her laugh for reasons she wasn't going to tell me yet. And I'm sitting here going positively crazy with curiosity. Must be why it killed the cat, by the way.

And then the line in this story I was mentionning was this one She hated when people forced her to guess the things they meant to be telling her about. It always drove her absolutely crazy.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone happens to see Terry around, I do believe he owes me strawberries and cream. Heh
----------------
You must explain that one....
From Terry's post in the fdk thread on the first story:
As for the story (the stated reason for this thread), I laughed aloud. I, too, would like to see Lucy try to hint to Lois that Clark is actualy the Caped Crusader, see Lois ignore or disregard her sister's wild imaginings, and see Clark either misunderstand or play along (maybe because he woke up one morning with a scary Calvin icon on his pillow.) Could you write that one for us, Lara? Please? Pretty please with strawberries and cream on top?

Voilà. smile Nice Batman icon, but please, can we get Supes intead? Pretty please? (no strawberries, though - I am not sharing those! *lol*)
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 08:44 PM
Loved it. I laughed. I cried. (Not really, but it sounds good.) I wanted more.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 09:24 PM
but please, can we get Supes intead? Pretty please?
I wish. I can't find a decent one.

And I'm sitting here going positively crazy with curiosity. Must be why it killed the cat, by the way.
Yeah, I'm surprised curiosity hasn't killed one of my cats....

Well, hey, here's a pretty decent Superman that I haven't seen before....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 09:53 PM
LOl very cute. Ah silly Lois. Laura
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/15/07 10:15 PM
Great story, Lara!
Just as much fun as the first, and you write their interaction so well. I would love to see a sequel!

Jessi
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/16/07 06:52 PM
Great icon, Nancy! smile

Elizabeth, Laura - thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And Jessi - OMG! you're posting feedback? j/k wink
Just as much fun as the first, and you write their interaction so well. I would love to see a sequel!
blush awww! thank you!! And yeah, sequel... coming... give me time to tweak it. wink
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/16/07 06:56 PM
Ah gee, I didn't say anything?! I thought I did. Maybe I did and I'm blind. I read it while I was at work, so I couldn't have, hmm.

I really enjoyed it smile Sorry I have to run.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/16/07 11:21 PM
Hey Roo smile

Ok... I *totally* cannot help myself:

Maybe I did and I'm blind.
Blind? As a bat?
(hey, I said I couldn't help it, that means it's probably only funny in my head! And you had fair warning!)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile
Posted By: FinLi Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/17/07 07:58 AM
What a great,funny story!!!

"Oh, dammit! Lois Lane, you are as blind as you are dense! Let me spell it out for you. Clark. Kent. Is. Batman."
"What is it, Lois? You want to plunge the dagger even deeper into my self-esteem?"
I busted out laughing at these two lines...it's genius.

Great job thumbsup
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/17/07 09:11 AM
Lara, you are a hoot! And so is this story! smile
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/17/07 10:09 AM
laugh Thank you!!

That dagger reply, I have to admit, is one of my favorite lines in this one. I can really imagine him telling her that. hehe!

I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying this. There's going to be a third part in a few days (can't say exactly when I'll be done, but soon).

And I've got an idea for a story that Ann should like, to redeem myself for making Lois so incredibly blind in this... that one is going to have a galactically stupid Clark in it instead. But even though I have pieces of that in my head already, I have no idea when I'll be ready to post it, so don't hold your breath just yet. wink
Posted By: Nighthawk2778 Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/17/07 09:51 PM
This was a fun story to read. I can't believe that Lois is that galactically stupid! shock
I look forward to the sequel and what Lois will do with the info that Clark *accidentally* shared with her. laugh
Posted By: alcyone Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/18/07 07:09 PM
I also think the misunderstandings are funny. The whole story is too cute! Looking forward to the next segment. smile
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/18/07 07:24 PM
awww! thank you! smile You have no idea what all these comments mean to me. Seriously, it's a million times better than the best cheese-cake in the world.

sloppy
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/21/07 09:06 PM
I love the fact that Lois talked herself out of Clark being Superman... and every other superhero on the face of the planet. Boy, denial will get you every time, because she really doesn't want to love Clark.

It was a very amusing story. rotflol

James
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/22/07 07:26 AM
smile Thanks James!!

Third part of this should be landing on your computer screens this week... You know, in case anyone's still interested. <giggles>
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/22/07 12:08 PM
Interested, nah...just be sure we can count on your promise that it will be this week. We don't want you to be a slacker. Can't stand promise breakers... wildguy wildguy wildguy

James
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/25/07 05:56 PM
So much fun, Lara! smile
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 01/25/07 07:24 PM
laugh Thanks Lisa!

Next part is up in my head, still, haven't had time to put it on "paper" yet. But it's all written up there. So it'll be posted soon. (just give me some time to get over this week's episode of Smallville and the preview for next week's - cause I'm about to die - it was soooooooo good!!!)
Posted By: htbthomas Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 05/26/08 05:52 AM
*chortles* Oh, Lois...

But I'm seriously looking forward to the rest of these! So she's going to prove Clark is one of those other superheroes. Anyone OTHER THAN Superman, eh? Heh. Priceless.
Posted By: Eva Re: FDK: Blind as a Bat - 06/15/08 12:41 PM
Hi Lara,

I've just started reading your "Clark Kent is Batman ... NOT!" series and I'm having a blast.

So here's totally not concise feedback of the quote-as-you-go variety:

Lucy said as she was now starting to think her sister's reputation as an investigative reporter was well over done.
- LOL, yeah, that's what we all think at times wink

He'd always known that a different hairstyle and glasses wasn't exactly an impenetrable disguise,
- LOL, so you're a smart boy after all

Not bothering with the fact that he seemed to be working on something at the time, she grabbed him by the chin turned his head so he'd be facing her.
- sorry for being so repetivite, but: LOL, I was caught by surprise here, too wink

"Ah!" she let out, victoriously. "See, I knew it, there really isn't anything special about you."

"Wow. Thanks Lois, that's always nice to hear," he told her, in a wounded tone. He knew perfectly well what she was referring to, but that didn't make the words any less hurtful.

"No, no, I don't mean it like that Clark," she explained as she started back towards her desk. "You are special, in a way... just not that way."

"Gee, it makes so much more sense now," he said, in an acid tone.
great exchange

He was starting to wonder if it was even worth trying to salvage their friendship, once she found out about his other identity. She'd never see him as anything more than someone she was free to push around and God forbid she should start acting this way when he was out being Superman, else people would definitely start getting all kinds of ideas in their heads.
- I like this reasoning, it's funny and actually makes some sense wink

"Oh, dammit! Lois Lane, you are as blind as you are dense! Let me spell it out for you. Clark. Kent. Is. Batman."
- LOL again

Not to mention, if she actually stopped to think about it just a little bit, she would figure out who he really was. Lois really wasn't that blind!
- I wouldn't be so sure ...

"Yeah, I kinda thought so, really. I mean, Lucy said she'd recognized your jaw line and your chin, but seriously... she hasn't seen Batman up close and personal anymore than I have. Besides, I really can't imagine you in a spandex suit, Clark." She laughed at the thought. "Yeah, definitely not! You'd look awful in that."
- Well, you don't *have* to imagine ... you've already *seen it*, for god's sakes *shakes her head

and she was fairly certain that Clark had no super powers. He couldn't unscrew bottles caps on his own half the time!
- or so you think ... wink

I really like her thought process - though I was a little surprised at her conclusion:

Too bad Clark wasn't Superman, she thought with a giggle. No... Lois knew for a fact that Clark wasn't Superman. After all, Clark had grown up in Kansas - she'd seen the baby pictures when they were in Smallville not very long ago. As for Superman, well, not only was he from Krypton, he hadn't even been around for very long anyhow.
- I guess Tempus was right after all ...

Anyways, great little story - and a fabulous title, too smile

Eva
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards