Hi Sara,

thank you so much for starting this thread. I've been going back and forth since it popped up but a very recent bit of FDK to a very dear-to-me story made me finally take the plunge.

I am most certainly of a mind with Terry about which story of mine to push front and center. They are like children, how are you supposed to chose? Yes, they cater to different moods, serve different needs, have different histories, and each one is valid. So, what to do, what to do...?

Well, I finally settled on a story of mine that's fulfills the most basic of needs when reading LnC fic, or so I've been taught. After all, we even have an acronym for this (and no it's not the ARGH! wink ) and a Kerth category. It's WAFFy, it's the storys that explore Lois and Clark's budding relationship. Stories which lay the hearts of Lois and Clark open and at the same time give the readers a fun ride like they haven't had in a long while. It's also a story which happened because of a theme-challenge and the crazy idea of an author to try something that wasn't done before. Which might work or end up being just another story. A story where I had to stretch myself quite a bit as a budding writer. And a story that grew from a rather simple idea and funny what-if to a whole *thing* that sent Lois and Clark onto a relationship journey that most definitely left them in a place that they didn't expect to be in when things first started. It's also a story about Honeymoon in Metropolis, a Season One episode that's also quite dear to me. And yes, before you ask, several complaints regarding the story's bingability and resulting late nights didn't hurt, either, but they mainly helped me gather the confidence that it's not just me who likes this story.

So, why the longwinded introduction? Well..., you'll need the nfic-password to get to said story because it's Don't You Dare! and lives happily on the dark side of the boards.

But since we're on the light side of the boards, I also should offer up a story that's uniquely on the light side of the boards. Which, believe it or not, was the much more difficult choice, after accepting that the primary offer is on the dark side. For one, I sincerely hope that my most-favoritest fic is one that hasn't been written yet (I'm thinking of a very specific one, not just "the next one"). But, from what we have out there, I wanted to chose a fic that's fun, and different, sets them up for a new ride, and is also complete in and of itself. So, I'm going to go with The Wild-Goose Chase.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.