What a cool idea! My first thought was (this one), then I thought (that one), then (this other one), and I almost gave up. It's not unlike asking a parent to name his/her favorite child.

But, after some thought, I decided that Play Some Mountain Music fit the bill. It combined two of my favorite things - murder mysteries and music - and allowed me to show off a bit on both. As I mentioned in one of the feedback posts, I held down some of the technical stuff (the music part itself, the stagecraft of the band, the sound system information), but still let enough in so that no one posted feedback about "Hey, I have no idea what {this thing} is!" And I included some angst about being on the road away from family and friends and the difficulty of maintaining a long-distance romantic relationship. On top of all that, it was fun to utilize the new band members and Lucy Lane in the drama plot. The story was nominated for a Kerth in 2009, although there was too much quality competition to allow a win.

And here's the Archive version. Please enjoy.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing