Originally Posted by LMA
I've been off the boards for eons it feels like jump. That whole RL thing...

When I got on I happened to see that this whole story has been posted--wow, show's how behind I am shock. But, lucky me, the fun of catching up begins smile.

Personally, I think it would be really hard for Lois to move past her jealousy towards Mayson. Knowing that this other woman had genuine feelings towards the man you love is a weighted knowledge. Add into the fact that Mayson knew information about Clark that literally only Clark's parents knew about him. And then (possibly the biggest glitch) Lois having some general confidence issues and trust issues that span back not only to other previous relationships, but also with people she loves (her parents). All that, plus the fact that Mayson's been around quite a bit as of late--during a really intense time for Lois and Clark. Whether the jealousy is realistic or not (which we know its not) wouldn't matter, IMO. Lois needs time to adjust to everything.

I'm so glad that Martha and Jonathan know. And you handled that phone conversation really well, btw notworthy. My heart hurt for Clark's parents, but I did also really enjoy that clearing of air between Lois and the Kents. They reaffirmed how much Clark loves her and deep down wanted her to know, and she gave them that little bit of hope in such a horrible situation: that she feels the same way about their son regardless of his news.

Can't wait to get a bit more time to read on. Loving this! hail
Laura

Hi there!

RL has been a bear here too. It's amazing how many things creep up, especially around the holidays!

I think, under normal circumstances, Lois might be less willing to move on from that jealousy. But there's so much uncertainty and fear in the situation that I think she needs whatever potential lifeline she can grab on to. And Mayson hasn't been around all that much, in my mind. I think it would be hard for Mayson to spend *too* much time with a man she knows she has less than a snowball's chance in hell with. And who flies around in tights doing the vigilante justice, which she still isn't totally okay with, even if she understands the need for it.

I'm glad you liked the phone conversation. It's always interesting to write dialogue where one or more people can't be seen to describe how they look, what they are doing, etc.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon