Hi there! smile1
It was one of the worst nights of Lois' life. It might have taken the prize for the worst, if she hadn't already lived through a night where she thought Clark had been murdered right before her waking eyes.
/starts slowly counting backwards until Lois realizes that Clark *faked* being dead and that she’d grieved for nothing/
CLARK: help Maybe I get lucky and die during the night.

The worst of them featured Clark's death.
Looky there, no dream about finding Clark and Mayson in bed together.
LOIS: Can’t you *read*? The writer *said* that the worst ones features Clark’s death. What do you think happened after I found them in bed together, hmm?

In others, she frantically looked for a cure, but she was never sure what exactly it was that she was looking for
Looks like a freakzoid emerald with a lightbulb stuck inside.

some treatment option that provided him some measure of comfort while his body fought off the infection.
You mean, like Jamie Lee Curtis helped Dan Aykroyd in Trading Placing when he was sick with the flu? In order to ‘protect her investment’.

and no one was silent about their disbelief that he could have chosen Lois - someone so beneath him, so unintelligent and blind as to be completely unworthy of him.
SUPERMAN: /makes coke-bottle-shape gesture well known in advertisement/

When she finally abandoned her bed only a few short hours later, she was more exhausted than when she'd gone to bed.
That can happen when she spends the night in bed, occupied with Clark.

all before calling Perry to get both Clark and herself out of work for the day.
PERRY: I see, Lois. So, just to get this straight, you and Kent won’t be able to come into the office today after you popped the question last night? Uh-huh. I see. And how long will you to be ‘indisposed’?

This wasn't some embarrassing secret.
To be fair, he’s running around in tights and red underwear. Would *you* want to be known to be doing stuff like that?

"I just wish I'd known. I wish you'd told me or I'd been smart enough to see it for myself. How could I have missed it?"
He’s just that good a liar. Like her father.
CLARK: help Thanks. Thanks, a lot.

It would have been Page One news, that the mysterious new superhero was nothing more than a farm-raised country bumpkin.
On the plus side, he’d have been laughed out of town before he could build a reputation. A one stroke wonder and nobody would have cared about him after that.

It was decidedly worse than the previous night. "I know," she repeated. "And you will. Soon."
I just realized, they’ve managed to keep it quiet for at least 8 hours now. I’m impressed.

"Oh," Lois said, blushing. She felt just awful for being suspicious of Mayson yet again.

"You still don't fully trust me," Mayson observed neutrally.
To be fair, she’s a blond with a history with Lois’s boyancé.

"Mayson has always been a voice of dissent when it comes to Superman. It would be too suspicious if she suddenly became his champion. People would question it."
Nah, they’d just assume he’s sleeping with her.

Mayson thought it best to take her leave then, so as not to disturb his rest, but Lois stayed on in a silent, thoughtful vigil.
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.