After all, she'd met his parents, had seen his baby photos, had seen the awards he'd won - academic, athletic, and professional alike. She'd even seen him filing his taxes.

Tax filing? It doesn't get any more realistic than that!

[quoteIt was a sobering thought. Of course, Lois knew she would never tell a soul about Clark's dual identities. But the power of the secret she held was humbling and terrifying. It threw Clark's fears into sharp clarity for her. Ashamedly, she knew that, in the early days of their relationship, when Clark was an unwanted partner and Superman had been both a fantasy and her ticket to the Pulitzer, she wouldn't have been able to keep the secret. It would have been Page One news, that the mysterious new superhero was nothing more than a farm-raised country bumpkin. There was no doubt in her mind that she would have drowned in the awards that story would have netted her. But now she realized just how devastating the consequences would have been to the best man she'd ever known.][/quote]

As was once written in a fantastic story called The Passing of a Legend:
Clark shook his head slightly. “It’s not that I didn’t want you to know, Chief. And it’s not that I didn’t trust you. It’s just…a dangerous secret to know, that’s all. I don’t tell the people that I love about myself as a way of trying to protect them.”

That is still the best reason as to why Clark didn't say anything to Lois. The secret of Superman's real identity is a tremendous load and only the strongest could bear it.

Last edited by Morgana; 10/30/16 05:16 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.