She leaped backward off the road and landed in a field, in a mud puddle to be more precise. It was still raining, but it was easing up.

“Clark?” she gasped, her hand rising to her mouth.

Where was he?
Wouldn’t it be awkward if the lightning bolt had liquefied him and that puddle was all that remained?

“Oh, thank God, you’re alive,” Lois said, pulling him into her arms and squeezing him tight. “I was… I thought… you…”

“Lois?” Clark mumbled. “Ow!”
So…?

Clark stared at her before answering, and wryly at that, “You’re right. I’m not fine. My fiancée got high on red Kryptonite and shot me with a bolt of lightning.”
rotflol

“Only by the grace of…” She stopped and stared at him. “Why aren’t you dead?”
clap

Before that, I froze the woman that I love more than anything, just because she said it was the only thing to do.”
To be fair, that was the smart thing to do, not going against her wishes.

“Did you forget that I dumped Superman for you?” she snapped. “For just Clark Kent you.”
Maybe he should tread carefully, now?

He disregarded her interruption. “You’ve been acting as if you’re a bit invulnerable because of me.”

Lois held out her arms so he could get a good look at her Ultra Woman costume.
laugh

“Well, this conversation is moot, now, isn’t it?” she said, her voice getting rough. “Because now the only one of us who can die is you!”
LEX: Working on it!

“I won’t hold your past transactions over your head,
Transgressions?

Lois could never resist that smile. “Marry me and I’ll promise never to try to hurt you on purpose… again.”
laugh

“I know you won’t, Lois,” he replied, taking her hand in his and floating up into the air. “But it really isn’t necessary.”
Living dangerous, aren’t we?

“I was not,” he exclaimed. “Apparently, it hurts when someone with your own strength slugs you, whether you have powers or not. It’s a new experience for me.”
clap So, she can now slap him when he flirts with blondes and it will hurt?

“Trust me, when I say that problem will only get worse.”
Hmm…maybe the dirty talk without the dirt?

when my folks staying at my
‘are’ missing?

He covered his face with his hand, before mumbling to himself, “Oh, God, shut me up now.”
He quite unsure how to proposition his fiancée, isn’t he?

“Um… Lois, you weren’t dating Superman.”

She scoffed. “Yeah, right.”
laugh

“Oh,” she said with a sly smile, letting go. “Does that mean that Ultra Woman is still available too? I did receive quite a few flowers bouquets at the office.”
laugh

She just loved it when he asked her to prove him wrong.
clap

“No more bachelor auctions, Clark?” she asked, batting her eyelashes innocently.

“And none for you either,” he retorted.
Oh? Do they actually do Bachelorette auctions?

The speed at which your analytical mind works, jumping to conclusions I’d never in my wildest dreams have realized…
She’s a new chess computer?

He wanted something, but she had no idea what it could be.
Stay the night?

“It won’t work, Clark,” she said, standing up. “No matter how much flattery you throw my way, you’re still not staying the night.”
laugh

“Who knows if I’m still being affected by the red Kryptonite and I’d hate for you to think it might be boosting my…” She licked her lips. “— desire for you.”
laugh

“Then again,” she continued, pausing long enough to bite her bottom lip. “They do say that intimacy after a fight can be quite enjoyable.”
hyper

He gulped. “Mom and…uh… um… Dad will wonder where I disappeared off to.”
MARTHA: [Linked Image]

” She zipped down the hall and threw on her schlumpy Superman sleep shirt again. She returned to find Clark still leaning against her door, now covering his eyes.

“Lois,” he said weakly, lowering his hand. “You do know that I… I can… when you change super fast… I still can… now… um…” He pointed to his eyes.
shock So, she was in plain sight?

Nervously, she bit her top lip. “What did you think?”

Clark’s lips were on hers so fast
laugh

“And it leads directly to our honeymoon.”
TEMPUS: “And it leads directly to our honeymoon.”
LOIS: evil

She thinks there are some dangling strings that need knotting in a Part 4.
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.