Hmmm....wow, Virginia, I could really go either way on this huh. I really liked this part, and getting to the ending, I can see this being the ending. I don't feel like the story got 'cut off' or anything.

But...there are things that would be fun to exlore smile. Hence...your options. #1--leave as is, and have a sequel down the road. #2.--part 4.

I'd like to see how everything with the Red K and the Newtrich sisters is resolved. I'd love to know if Lois keeps her powers and how she/they adjust to this, or if she doesn't, how does everything get back to 'normal'. And--knowing me wink --I'd love anything that progresses them towards the alter, a WAFFY moment here or there as you wrap the storyline up.

But, I guess, really, you could accomplish any of this by doing either #1 or #2. I guess...final verdict...is basing my suggestion on where you are with the story at the moment. If you think you want more added to the story--and feel inspired now, maybe just go for it--part 4 clap. Or...if you want to give it some time, think more about it, give us a sequel as a lovely surprise down the road a bit clap. ( Or--last option--maybe leave as is? It does, like I mentioned, feel good the way it is, also, IMO).

Any way you go about it, I'm totally party. It was a really fun story, loved it, and have completely enjoyed it.

“Only by the grace of…” She stopped and stared at him. “Why aren’t you dead?”

“Lucky, I guess,” he said as he stiffly rose to his feet.

Lois looked up into the clouds and rain dripped into her eyes. “You fell from the sky because of me…”

For the briefest of moments when I read this part, I wondered if Clark could have his powers back. I mean, he did get all the way down to the ground alive. But...I knew that Lois had her powers, and never thought that they'd both potentially have powers at the same time, so I figured I must be wrong grin.

“I could have killed you. I did kill you,” he said, both reminding her and ignoring her as he took another step towards her. “And, yet, only later on when you got knocked in the head and suffered a slight concussion did I see the danger of us spending so much time together. Why didn’t I see it before I proposed?”

Had a bit of a 'moment' here reading this paragraph. It always obviously bugged me that Clark broke up with Lois 'for her own good' in Contact--it seemed like such a sudden reality check he had. BUT, I don't know if I ever thought about why it annoyed me so much, and seemed so sudden. This reasoning is amazing! It makes no sense that from a concussion he would freak out so much, but from freezing Lois a few eps back--and her almost not coming out of it--he'd move right on past it and propose. Great point, Virginia--the concussion reaction is quite, quite 'off'. Loved this! hyper.

“I was not,” he exclaimed. “Apparently, it hurts when someone with your own strength slugs you, whether you have powers or not. It’s a new experience for me.”

True thumbsup. Liked this a lot smile.

“I’d rather spend the night with you… I mean, evening… definitely evening… Although, it is pretty late… I wasn’t trying to… We’re not ready to… Although, I know your secret and you know mine… No! That’s no excuse. We can wait... Um… until after we deal with the Newtrich sisters. Yes, that’s the right thing to do…We can tell my folks about our engagement in the morning. I mean, I will over breakfast. Unless, of course, you want to be there for breakfast… for telling them… not that I’m inviting you to spend the night with me when my folks staying at my...” He covered his face with his hand, before mumbling to himself, “Oh, God, shut me up now.”

“And you say I ramble?” Lois said, laughing. She had meant announce the return of his powers, but she liked his answer better, so she didn’t correct him. “If you’d like me to come over for breakfast, come over tomorrow morning that is, so that we can break the news to them, I’d be delighted. But can we keep the part where I struck you with lightning out of the announcement?”

“You mean that you want it to remain our little secret?” he asked with a knowing look. “Not on your cute little chumpy. We’re even now, and we can honestly say we’re past the stage where we try to kill each other.”

“Ha-ha! Very funny,” she deadpanned, not in the least amused. “We’re not telling your folks.”

“Fine. I’ll tell them.”

“Clark Jerome Kent!” Lois growled.

“But not today,” he amended. “Maybe on our fifth anniversary. It’ll be a funny story, then."

This part was awesome. I really enjoyed 'Clark Babble' laugh notworthy. And the teasing was a lot of fun, too clap.

Great work, Virginia--will be curious to know what you end up deciding to do with the story...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/02/15 01:29 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~