I love seeing Lois' thoughts before her conversation with Superman. She's personally debunking all of her reasons to accept Lex's proposal. Financial security? That her job and those of her friends are saved should make her happy, but it doesn't. Enjoys Lex's company? No, his touch is annoying her.

No, Lois. You would not be crazy to turn him down. Marrying him will make you miserable.

As much as she hated to admit it, Clark was right; she really didn't know Superman very well. A few fleeting rescues and one hell of a stolen kiss didn't a relationship make. She had no idea where he lived, or if he even had a home. She had never spent more than twenty minutes at a time in his company.

This is huge at this stage in the story. To have Lois realize that Clark was right about her relationship with Superman before she accepts Luthor's proposal will [hopefully] give her the space she needs to see Luthor for what he is.

In her defense, though, once you were touching Superman's bicep, it was nearly impossible not to linger.
/me giggles. Love that. And Clark kind of knows it too. His flexing for Tiffani (?) in the red Kryptonite episode comes to mind.

Oh, you are a master of the little details, like when Superman's cape brushes against Lois' ankle. It brings so much richness to your stories. notworthy

I mean, Lex dissolved our partnership without even consulting us. The more I think about that, the more frustrated it makes me."
Yay. Keep this up, Lois. The thinking, I mean. wink

Sadness filled her at the thought that her life and Clark's were going to travel different trajectories from now on. It was never going to be the same between them again.

Lois shook her head slightly and gave Superman a wistful smile.
Argh! I wanted her to voice those thoughts, but we're back to not being able to communicate. Of course, this is with Superman, not her best friend, so I guess I shouldn't expect her to spill her inmost thoughts. Plus, it might have cut several chapters off of your story. goofy

I also loved the banter and the subtle revelations throughout Lois and Clark's phone call. Surely, if Lois is astute enough to catch Clark using the present tense when talking about the woman he fell in love with, she can catch his declaration here and put the two together!

Okay, true to canon, Lois got off the call in a huff. But the best part happened after:
What if Clark's right?
Oh, it's possible, her mind whispered. But is it plausible?
But, what if? her mind persisted. What if?

A rational, thinking Lois is exactly what Luthor is trying to destroy. So glad to see he isn't getting what he wants.

It made me giggle though as she argued in her own mind. I got an image of stalker!Clark hovering outside her apartment window, using his telepathic powers to convince her that Luthor isn't what he seemed.