Ooh! Part Two!

She should be feeling safe and cherished right now. Lex had barely left her side all night. His fingertips were constantly brushing along her arm or her shoulder, or his hand was planted firmly at her waist as he put his arm around her. And yet it didn't quite feel like affection to her. Lois couldn't shake the thought that Lex's new possessiveness was at least partially due to the guest of honor at tonight's charity event -- Superman.

A person can tell when someone is really affectionate or if it is an act. Luthor was never a touchy feely kind of person so Lois sensed right off the bat this was more about possession and competition than genuine love. It also says a lot about her feelings for him. His touch was annoying. If she was as deeply in love with him as she should be his touches would have been the prelude to something greater.

It was nearly one o'clock in the morning by the time Clark returned to Miami. He got into bed, only to find himself tossing and turning. He was too keyed up to fall asleep when all his thoughts were still in Metropolis. Had Lois made it home yet? Or was she still with Luthor? Had Luthor kissed her good night? Had she welcomed that kiss? Were they kissing right now? He could easily imagine them in the back of Luthor's limo, or outside Lois' door, or even inside her apartment with their arms wrapped around each other as they kissed deeply.

Oh Clark! I feel your pain! Go back to Metropolis and tell her who you are and how you feel! Maybe this time she won't be a lunkhead!

She arrived home that night frustrated and emotionally exhausted. Lois wandered restlessly around her apartment, eying the phone and willing it to ring. It was after ten o'clock and she was getting into bed, when the phone rang and she snatched it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Lois. It's me."

Her heart soared in relief. "Clark! Oh my god, I've been trying to reach you all day!"

"Why? What's happened?"

Despite the fact that they were mad at each other this conversation give us an understanding of the openness of their relationship. Could Lois have this kind of honest communication with Lex? Never.

Loving this story! Keep posting!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.