The sad part about catching up? frown Waiting a week to read more! mecry...

Wow...yeah, 'loving this' would be far to inadequate of a thing to say. So so great. So so excited for more. And a really good solid week to go till another post? Settling in for a long wait.

I hate that Clark needs to collect 'local color'. Time kill to keep Clark away from Lois, huh? Argh Lex and his power over the paper. The fact that Clark's cell is at his desk only adds to the distance--nice touch, Lex.

But, at least Lois seems to be feeling the distance. She's missing Clark. Needs Clark. Is feeling what we all want her to feel in Clark's absense.

"If I knew where Clark was staying, I'd ask you to fly me there."

"You would?" Superman asked, his voice tinged with surprise.

"I really wish I could have talked to him," she whispered, more to herself than to Superman.

"About what?"

"I didn't even really get to say goodbye. It all happened so fast, you know? I mean, Lex dissolved our partnership without even consulting us. The more I think about that, the more frustrated it makes me." Lois stood up straight again. "In a perfect world, I'd still be partners with Clark."

Lois, you have no idea what this little bit of the story did for me!

I mean yeah, sure, she did try that last ditch 'perfect world' scenario with Superman--try one last time to bring them together--but really, she went to 'Clark'. What she needs. I'm so glad that Clark heard this, straight from her mouth. That he does matter. That she does miss him. That she is feeling some of what he is feeling at the moment.

"Don't be like that. Apparently the Planet's finances were abysmal. Lex says for the next little while we're going to have to do more with less."

"More with less? How does sending me to Miami fit in with that philosophy?"

"He's trying to save the paper."

"Riiiight." Clark wasn't even trying to hide his disbelief and it irked her.

Ding, ding ding. Irony! Saving money at the Planet...An exclusive interview in Miami (complete with extra days of 'color'). Makes no sense. At all. No way to 'spin' this. Love that Clark calls Lois out on this inconsistancy.

"Hardly. They're definitely saving money on the hotel."

"It's bad?"

"It's tiny, it's dirty, and whoever picked out the bedspread was colorblind."

Lois giggled, and it felt like she hadn't done so in ages. "Oh, Clark, I'm so sorry."

Clark was laughing, too, as he added, "I'm not sure what I did to your fiance, but I'm pretty sure he's punishing me for something. There isn't even a remote control for the television, just a pair of pliers to turn the TV on and off."

Lois laughed harder at Clark's description of his plight, even as an ache began to take hold inside her. Hearing his familiar answering laugh only drove home for her just how much she missed him. "Lex is not my fiance."

"I think he will be soon enough. You have to know that's why he really sent me to Florida."

"Why? Because he knows I'm secretly in love with you?"

Clark made a dismissive sounding chuckle. "If I thought that was true, I'd fly back to Metropolis tonight. No, it's because he knows I'm your voice of reason."

This part of the conversation was A+. Perfect. A-mazing!

The yuck that was Clark's room was such a funny back and forth. And yeah, I'm sure Lex is having a lot of fun knowing the type of place Clark us spending multiple days in. How it turned the discussion light-hearted, made them laugh, though...that was pretty special. They needed that moment.

I loved that Clark used the term 'fiance'. At first I was surprised to see it there...BUT--after I reread this part (a few times blush --it's really, really great), it hit home with me. Having Clark say that term...to Lois...when she is missing him. It's a biggie. It puts distance between Lois and her best friend, coming from her best friend. That does things. Hopefully it has some effect on Lois. Her first thought was to rebuff him, his statement. I liked that grin.

And to re-quote a quote shock...

"Why? Because he knows I'm secretly in love with you?"

Clark made a dismissive sounding chuckle. "If I thought that was true, I'd fly back to Metropolis tonight."

Okay. Favorite lines from Part 2. notworthy / clap / hyper / love !!!

Yeah, it's when they are teasing. Yeah, it's meant to be light-hearted. Yeah, this bit of conversation is just one BIT of a whole lot of conversation. But...it was there! dance

Lois had the thought. Clark gave probably his most honest statement of the story so far. BIG.

Did/does Lois gloss right over Clark's statement?!? Can she pretty, pretty please revisit the thought next chapter? grovel

Clark's letting something slip right there. There's definite interest--which, thinking of those looks he gives Lois with those chocolate eyes of his repeatedly in the series--she'd be blind to not know something along those lines right from when they first met.

Lois, you ARE that girl Clark is in love with!

Watching the clock tick by. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
Laura

......................................(yeah, still waiting wink ).

Last edited by LMA; 08/27/15 07:14 PM. Reason: chai tea latte deficit...yeah, still haven't made one.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~