Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I got the impression that this world has all the Superman stuff that we do except for L&C. L&C certainly doesn't have the monopoly on strong-willed Loises, though. That's been an integral part of her character since Action Comics #1. I figure they're dismissing Lois because she's not the one with the super powers. Most people would probably find an angry Superman more formidable than an angry Lois. Kara isn't flying around with a big "Lane" symbol on her chest, either. She's much more readily identifiable with Superman than with her mother.

There's been a regular theme in popular culture that Lois is just a damsel in distress (because she is without superpowers in a world where superpowers are required in some cases) and strictly his love interest. It's something DC claims it's trying to step away from but have in the process sidelined a lot of her more positive characterization in the new52. I suspect everyone is going on the assumption that Lois isn't her own force of nature (or at least only one person in a sea of many with the same powers and thus less likely to change opinions.) The thing they're forgetting? The "woman that launched a thousand ships" idea is not just limited to beauty and desire.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)