Originally Posted by Mike M
Have the folks in this dimension seen Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman? The reason I ask is that everyone is dismissing Lois as a non-participating entity when they talk of her parents looking for her and their wanting to do what her parents would want.
The reason I bring this up is when the State Department comes up with the diplomatic dodge of the daughter of a former head of a foreign state they refer to Lord Kal-El of New Krypton which while New Krypton was shown in a number of comics as far as I know Kal-El was only Lord over New Krypton in the New Krypton arc of the Lois and Clark and in a bunch of fan fiction of course...

I got the impression that this world has all the Superman stuff that we do except for L&C. L&C certainly doesn't have the monopoly on strong-willed Loises, though. That's been an integral part of her character since Action Comics #1. I figure they're dismissing Lois because she's not the one with the super powers. Most people would probably find an angry Superman more formidable than an angry Lois. Kara isn't flying around with a big "Lane" symbol on her chest, either. She's much more readily identifiable with Superman than with her mother.

The State Department is basing their claim, though, on what Kara has told them. It happened off-camera, but they mention that Kara has told the government people about Superman's history in her world, including Superman's status on New Krypton.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)