Darth Michael: I'm all caught up! My cold and re-reading the newly reinstated Ch 7 of Dare, I may not be coherent though. Bare...Bear with me.

Hmm…are you trying to suggest that Lois and Lex *didn’t* share a romantic tryst on the eve of their wedding?
This is Lois and Lex's Date from Lois's POV, instead of the security cameras. Have we gone back in time? Or not?

Also, why did Lois only lock *two* of her locks?
Because she's home. Anyway, I was reading in someone else's fic where Lois didn't always lock all of her locks because then the would-be robber would locking some locks while trying to unlock them, and I agreed that did sound like something Lois would enjoy. Torturing a would-be robber.

Although, the number of people who easily enter Lois's apartment, we should probably recommend her locking her windows by the fire escape, since they most likely don't enter through the front door.

Oh, she’s not *coming* home.
Yes, sorry. She's AT home.

OTOH, if we hadn’t seen the other Lois smile, one might think this is the scene from Lois’s POV. Although, then it should probably be over yonder, no?
LOIS: Yeah, excessive vomiting has no place on these boards.
CAT: Isn’t that discrimination against expecting gossip columnists?
I have no plans to ever write a Lois and Lex sex scene after reading the one that Mrs. Luthor penned over yonder. (i.e. "Your Worst Nightmare"). I agree with Lois on what my gut's reaction would be. And all... er... most of Cat's pregnancy problems will happen off page.

I hear sautéed heart of billionaire in a light bouillon is very recommended.
Has anyone seen Bill Church lately?

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Part 175
“About that, Lex,” she said, opening her hands and running them down the front of her slacks as she turned to face him. “I’m calling off the wedding.”
shock What? shock How? shock Impossible!
Gotcha! dance

A startled expression came to his eyes as if she had started spouting Latin.
No, he’d have understood that.
Yes, but the surprise is that Lois knows it.

Lois! Not on this side of the boards. And not after you’ve called of the wedding! That’s unseemly.
Murder is unseemly on the Gfic boards?

jawdrop thud I did not see that one coming.
Especially with your imagination over yonder. [Linked Image]

“But, darling, the wedding is tomorrow morning. We are expecting two hundred guests to the ceremony and three hundred more to the reception,” he said. “We can’t postpone now.”
I thought they had no need for a rehearsal?
You mean, rehearsing her turning him down at the wedding? Good one!

Isn’t normally the ceremony larger than the reception?
I've never heard of inviting more people to a wedding than the reception. The wedding is more intimate (usually due to the size of the church), where as the reception can take over several ballrooms of a venue. (I once went to a wedding, where I believe at least 1000 people were invited. It was insanely huge.) I'm actually thinking of upping the guest list for the Archives to 1500, as I don't think all of Lex's business partners and LexCorp's top echelon would be included with only 500 guest list.

CLARK: Funny, I might have said the same thing once or twice…
evil

Actually, according to Londo Mollari, that’s not what weddings are. Then again, he’s a Centauri and gotten three wives… Umm…I did once recommend Babylon 5 for your Netflix list, didn’t I?
Only to mention that's where Cat Grant moved after leaving Metropolis.

LEX: Are you saying that I could have had my way with you months for a token registration fee at City Hall instead of waiting until this whole affair has been set up? Do you have *any* idea what weddings cost?
LOIS: /shrugs/ You're the one who wanted the big wedding, not me. Anyway, you're a billionaire. Suck it up.

LEX: Or a frozen fish.
LOIS: Ewww. You have a frozen fish in your pocket.
LEX: [Linked Image] Well, actually...

Brave. Stupid. But very brave.
LEX: What? She doesn't have a knife in her... Lois! Where did you get that gun?

Oh look! He did not actually lie to her. From a lawyer’s point of view.
BENDER: Yes, I review all of Lex Luthor's dialogue, why?

He does realize just how close he’s getting to receiving a knee-jerk reaction. Even if it would been belaying their honeymoon until he’s healed again.
LEX: Exactly why I know it won't happen.

Didn’t she mention no alcohol?
Why, yes. Yes, she did, but apparently, Lois wasn't adamant enough about it.

Look at that. He’s going to have her bawling into his shirt in no time. And then the shirt will be all stained and wet and he’ll have to remove it so she can wash it. And then…
LOIS: I may do *my* laundry, but don't even think about suggesting I ever do anyone elses!
SUPERMAN: Oh, dear. It seems I got a smudge of dirt on my Blue suit.
LOIS: Take it off! I'll wash it, right now. We can't have you flying about dirty, now can we? You can just wait in my bedroom.
LEX: Now, that just doesn't seem fair.

Lois! Not on the eve of such an important photo-op!
LEX: Mrs. Cox! Make-up!

She appears to be ticked off…
Slightly.

ER: /suggests what Lois should do with her knee/
There's a reason he's circling around behind her.

He’s finally gone mad, is he?
Because he thinks everyone thinks like he does?

Did he rehearse that first with Ari?
LEX: She doesn't like me talking about the future Mrs. Luthor. I figured this out all on my own.

And what if the husband wouldn’t return from their honeymoon? What if he fell into a knife and then overboard?
From the plane?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Why didn't I think of that? Re-write!
CLARK: What do you mean, she said 'I do' and went off on the honeymoon with Luthor?

Well…there’s got to be some truth to it for her to become the lady Boss of the underworld as she does in some stories. Well..bunnies, at least. Plus, there’s got to be a reason why Tempus is so sweet on her.
clap We all have the potential to turn bad.

Huh. Who’d have thunk.
LEX: What? Think I want them to reunion during the ceremony?
This isn't Lois's mom.

shock What?
hyper I can still surprise Michael!

So, does this mean that you’ve just retconned Season One Ellen?
Yes, this means that the woman who was with Lois at the mirror wasn't Ellen Lane, but Mother Arnold. Two points. It explains why she seemed to get younger over the years. Also... well, you'll see.[Linked Image]

Won’t that be scandal, Superman stealing the illustrious Lois Lane from her groom right at the altar?
Lois isn't planning on walking down the aisle.

And that would stop him from selling Lucy to the Russian mob as entertainment provider why…?
LOIS: Because she's innocent?
JIMMY(s): [Linked Image]
LOIS: I meant, she had nothing to do with this.
RUSSIAN MOB: I've had her and so has everyone else. Why would I want used goods? Now, if you brought me Cat Grant, I hear she's got talent.
LUCY: Hey!

Isn’t that kind of how Lois got into the previous mess in the first place? A mother. A fiancé. A restaurant. Too much whine and wine?
Mother Arnold doesn't drink.

Is the MM owned by LexCorp by any chance?
It is located at Lexor, isn't it?

Or maybe a root canal?
LOIS: I have just the right drill for it.
No, Lois doesn't want to be that close to Lex's mouth.

LOIS: He’s a murdering thief and a natural born psychopathic sociopath who liked to sleep around.
CLARK: You forgot to mention that he isn't a young man.

PERRY: /Begs S1 Jimmy not to leave the show./
Yep, this one needs more experience.

He’s sweet, isn’t he?
He doesn't want to hurt her feelings, so yes.

So… another 25 parts till Lois walks down the isle?
With Lex? With Clark? With Dan? I'm only 5 parts out, so I don't think I can honestly answer where we'll be in 25 parts. I'm hoping sometime in the fall though... in the story, that is.

Thanks for inspiring my muse. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.