*On Lex* Oh that manipulative, abusive SOB. It's fascinating to watch and completely but nevertheless bothers me. I want to punch the guy. It's so utterly in character, though. I'm guessing this sort of manipulation Lex had been holding in reserve for the post-marriage when he wanted Lois off of his trail.

What wouldn’t she do for some x-ray vision?
Interesting question. I bet canon Lois was regretting every past wish for superpowers during the events of "UltraWoman," though.

Ok,
uppity doctor from the wrong side of the tracks
?? Doesn't being a doctor "cover all sins" in terms of marriageability, traditionally? It'd be more like the "bad guy made good" sort of thing. Unless her mother noticed there was more wrong with Sam Lane than just "being from the wrong side of the tracks" and Ellen never listened?

“I would love to meet her,” he replied. “Why don’t you ladies meet me at the Top of Tower for dinner?”

Lois covered the handset. “He wants us to meet him at the Top of the Tower for dinner.”

“I never dine at tourist traps, Lois. I know what Metropolis looks like; I don’t need to be above it to eat. I always eat at the Champagne Room at the Bristol when I’m in town. Tell him that he can meet us there,” her grandmother replied.
Definitely a woman that won't be railroaded and where Lois gets her true stubborness from.

Lois couldn’t believe the gall of her grandmother and loved her ten times more for it. Nobody pushed Mother Arnold around. It was one of things that Ellen Lane hated most about her mother.
And probably be Lois's saving grace.

Lois planned to tell Mother Arnold everything. She wanted her grandmother to know exactly what she was dealing with and why she hadn’t invited her to the wedding. Mother Arnold wasn’t a fool like her mother.
I do wonder what she'll think of this. Pretending to marry the richest man (well, one of them) in the world to bring the bad guy down. Hopefully "Mother Arnold" will be understanding and help her plan a way out.

Things almost looked their bleakest until her grandmother arrives.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)