Christina: Hi, Christina. Thanks for the comments. smile1

*On Lex* Oh that manipulative, abusive SOB. It's fascinating to watch and completely but nevertheless bothers me. I want to punch the guy. It's so utterly in character, though. I'm guessing this sort of manipulation Lex had been holding in reserve for the post-marriage when he wanted Lois off of his trail.
Lex is all about the passive aggressiveness.

Originally Posted by Christina
Originally Posted by Part 175
What wouldn’t she do for some x-ray vision?
Interesting question. I bet canon Lois was regretting every past wish for superpowers during the events of "UltraWoman," though.
This Lois hasn't experienced that much of canon Lois's life though.

Originally Posted by Christina
Originally Posted by Part 175
uppity doctor from the wrong side of the tracks
?? Doesn't being a doctor "cover all sins" in terms of marriageability, traditionally? It'd be more like the "bad guy made good" sort of thing.
I've never quite understood that tradition, myself. /shrugs/ Loving someone due to their profession seems about as smart as loving someone just for their looks.

"Uppity" went with "wrong side of the tracks". Being a doctor is having a profession, and in some circles of old money, having a trade other than CEO, land owner, or living off your trust fund means you're one of the serfs. I'm not saying that THIS is how Mother Arnold thinks (because it's not -- she married into that culture), but having grown up in that environment, Ellen was rebelling against it when she became a nurse and married Sam.

Unless her mother noticed there was more wrong with Sam Lane than just "being from the wrong side of the tracks" and Ellen never listened?
There some of that, too. More on Mother Arnold coming up. smile

Definitely a woman that won't be railroaded and where Lois gets her true stubborness from.
Like grandmother like granddaughter? wink

And probably be Lois's saving grace.
cool

I do wonder what she'll think of this. Pretending to marry the richest man (well, one of them) in the world to bring the bad guy down. Hopefully "Mother Arnold" will be understanding and help her plan a way out.
Do you think she'll side with marrying the rich guy no matter what his ethics are?

Things almost looked their bleakest until her grandmother arrives.
Not all superheroes wear tights.

MOTHER ARNOLD: Well, I do prefer stockings to tights...

Thanks for reading. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.