Hi Wendy!
Originally Posted by Wendymr
I've talked with Annette about this. Bottom line, data that's missing is missing, unfortunately. There isn't anything we can do to make it reappear frown However, at some point we may be able to make a read-only version of the old boards available, so you can copy and paste stuff over.

I'm so looking forward to get the read-only (please with enabled edit-button, so we can get at the UBB markup of the post) accessible. This will help a lot in restoring certain FDK posts smile

Originally Posted by Wendymr
I also asked about the quote limit. Quotes do take up additional space in the database, so the higher the quote limit the more space an individual post takes - which slows things down as well. Our suggestion is that if you really feel the need to quote more text then make a second comment post goofy
Thanks Wendy. Ummm, since I'm a tech-minded person and I know this is something Annette will need to answer when she pops in again, but isn't the post stored as UBB code in the database, meaning there's just the open and close-quote in there? Or is the UBB-software taking those posts apart and storing the quotes separately. I'm asking because the quote limit might discourage some posters from doing long FDKs. I for my part, am hoping that I'll just modify my posting behavior to write a bit of FDK with up to 10 quotes, post it, and continue with the next bit FDK. That way, I get around the quote limit and the spam-protection, but it will slightly increase the number of posts I'm doing (by a factor of 3-6, I'm guessing), send more e-mails to the authors, etc. So, naive thought: A low quote-limit might actually increase the load because it will generate longer (more posts) threads, send out more e-mails, etc.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.