I've talked with Annette about this. Bottom line, data that's missing is missing, unfortunately. There isn't anything we can do to make it reappear frown However, at some point we may be able to make a read-only version of the old boards available, so you can copy and paste stuff over.

I also asked about the quote limit. Quotes do take up additional space in the database, so the higher the quote limit the more space an individual post takes - which slows things down as well. Our suggestion is that if you really feel the need to quote more text then make a second comment post goofy

Wendy smile

Originally Posted by LMA
I just happened to leave FDK for Anti-K's latest story with 11 quotes smile...right before the limit of 10 was installed.

Anyway...I'm still having the same issues with my old posts. Some seem fine, some are missing things, and some are shrunken down to not much of anything. The ones that are missing things--the stuff that is missing doesn't follow a certain pattern or anything--some things gone at the beginning of the post, others have the posts shortened so only the last half of a response is there...and it's not just certain quoted areas taken out of the posts. It's essentially a whole section of a post--the beginning/the middle/or the end--with the quotes and my FDK.

The strangest one is in the most current FDK thread to "The Wedding"--I know that I only posted maybe (at most one or two) quotes in that particular FDK. It was more of a discussion and I had typed up multiple paragraphs...Now, since the update, that FDK only shows the first line or two of the first paragraph and nothing else. So this example--at least--isn't b/c of too many quotes.

I did tell LabRat about it this morning and she put a ticket in for my acct.

Hmmm...

Thanks for all the effort everyone--really appreciate it smile
Laura

Just a fly-by! *waves*