I like elements from most of the movies. If Superman: The Movie hadn't made Lex so cornball, I probably would vote that my favorite. As it is, I'm not sure I can really pick, beyond saying Superman III and IV were by far the worst, and Man of Steel had too many issues to be the best.
Total agreement here.

I still think Christopher Reeve did the best job of capturing the "aw-shucks" and "wow, it's great to fly" bits of Clark and Superman. There are a couple of scenes I just love from "S:TM":

1) At the end of the movie, where Superman is flying and you see Earth in the background, and Reeve just smiles . Yeah, the green-screen effect is obvious, but the thrilling John Williams score and Reeve's acting make it great.

2) Right after SM has taken Lois flying, and Clark comes to her apartment to pick her up for his date. Lois is puttering around in her bedroom, and for a minute Clark looks in the mirror, takes off the glasses, and stands up straight. Suddenly you could actually believe that everyone at the Daily Planet would be fooled by a pair of glasses.