I don't know if the episodes you saw were from the last three seasons. If not, I recommend you give it a try. I was positively surprised. I couldn't stand broody and moody Clark from seasons 1 to 7, but from season 8 ahead he makes a 180 degree turn and then you can believe he has potential to become Superman. The turning point is his relationship with Lois. With her he becomes confident and self-assured and even finds a sense of humor. You can see what a difference she makes. While Lana turned him into a whining teenager Lois turned him into Superman.
I've been trying to remember what the episodes were about, but could not--it was quite awhile ago...but I am very positive that Lois hadn't come on the scene yet. I'm guessing it was possibly 2005? And if I remember right, part of what had bothered me was simply the fact that Lois wasn't in it.

From what you said, those last few seasons do sound interesting. While looking around online I did happen to watch a few minutes of the end of the series--and that I did like, also.

Anyway, sounds like I'll have to give it a shot smile (and do some reading--thanks everyone for the recommendations clap ).

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~