Nicole, I really enjoyed this little story, but I, too, didn't realize Clark would hear Lois's whisper at the altar--not because I forgot he had super hearing but because he seemed so totally involved in his own despair that I didn't think he could notice anything else. What I ended out thinking was that Clark had made the decision to stop the wedding on his own, and I was feeling disgusted because Lois hadn't had any real part in saving herself. The person who has to make the biggest change (Lois, in this story) is the one who has to make the grand gesture for the ending to be satisfying, and I was feeling cheated for Clark--until the story finally switched to his POV and I realized that he had actually heard her attempt to stop the wedding.

Anyway, what I was thinking you might do is put a brief line in this last section from Clark's POV:
He tried. He did. But his shaking legs would not support him and in the end, he leaned forward, resting his hands on the pew in front of him. He couldn’t stand. He couldn’t look. He couldn’t even be there. But… there was nowhere for him to go now.
Possibly insert it after "He couldn't look," and put something about trying not to listen, but not being able to block out the sound of the doors opening and taffeta swishing as she started down the aisle toward … him.

While I understand Wendy's point, I think this would be a fairly seamless way to remind readers who had temporarily forgotten about Clark's abilities and to reassure those who think he's temporarily deafened by his thoughts.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/