I went with the natural global warming. All I ever read is about man-made global warming, though, and it confuses me somewhat. I mean, it is obvious that climate changes are a constant in earth's life, so to speak. But calling this constant *solely* man-made - excuse me, why has it all happened before humans ever walked on two legs?

There was the little ice age that lasted for several hundred years and ended around 1850. Just a hint: I've seen many a temperature chart starting around 1860 or 1850 which would clearly show the ending of the ice age with growing temperatures. Usually, those "global warmicists" or whatever argue that the beginning of the industrial developement and the resulting release in CO2 is the cause for the rising temperature, though. Coincidence?

Of course, there are always periods of time where the temperature in a certain region rises, just to decline in later years (or maybe even previous). Never have I seen a scientist believing in man-made global warming trying to explain these effects - they cope by not showing them at all. It's all a question of choosing your data carefully, I suppose.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)