I said I wasn't going to comment much, but I'm surprised to hear that a lot of scientists have recently renounced the idea of global warming. I haven't heard a thing about that. I watch Swedish and Danish television and read Swedish and Danish newspapers, and here the talk is still all about global warming. If there have been mass conversions from the "global warming camp" to the "global cooling camp", I haven't heard a thing about it.

Of course there are scientists who don't believe in global warming. Here in Scandinavia the most famous "unbeliever" is Bjørn Lomborg, a Dane. He spoke out against the idea of global warming in 1998, and he hasn't changed his mind since then. (Or rather, he now apparently says that global warming is real, but that measures like the Kyoto protocol are not cost effective and will do little or nothing to stop the rise in temperature.) But to the best of my knowledge, there are few Scandinavians who agree with Lomborg. That in itself certainly doesn't make him wrong, but I'm just saying that I don't recognize the suggestions that a lot of scientists have suddenly come out publicly against the idea of global warming. If they have, the news of it hasn't made it over here!

Ann