I do not agree that season 1 was good because of Lex. It was good because of DEBORAH JOY LEVINE. She left after season 1 to do other projects. It was her vision for Lois and Clark that drove season 1. I will admitted that the Lex character got on my nerve in LnC. I mean come on he jumps off the top of a very high highrise and they bring him back from the dead. Then he shows up to break up the wedding. Then when they can't think of a way to bring Lex back they bring in his sons. I will it admitted it worked in Dean's script with X but when they brought in a second son who was grossly disfigured and he had a good looking double. Give me a break. Crappy writers who couldn't come up with anything so lets rehash Lex Luthor et al again. To me that is part of what made the other seasons bad, obviously poor writers who had no freaking imagination.

The episodes I really enjoyed in the seasons other than 1 were episodes Dean or Teri wrote. They used some imagination, although Teri's shrinkng was reaching a little far. It was a fun episode.

So bring back Lex in the sequel would really pi.. me off because it would be so unrealistic and unimaginative. The guy is on a tiny, tiny and I do me microscopic island with no food, no fresh water and no way to get off. So to me that means the END of Lex Luthor. To bring him back would mean that the writers and director are losers and can't come up with any other villian to do battle with our hero Superman. If that is the case then they shouldn't be involved in the sequel. Just my opinion.

As for Lois in the movie - I didn't find her to be a feminist or a decent mother.

1. She has a child with asthma - obviously bad asthma and SHE SMOKES. First it is very bad to smoke when you are pregnant, so is she so uncaring about her child that she smoked then. If she didn't smoke for the 9 months then why does she have to smoke now. She would be over the physical and pyschological cravings. I know I smoked at one time.

2. What nut case mother would take her child with her to investigate something that she knows is possibly dangerous. And she knew what she was doing was possibly dangerous - it was so apparent in the movie.

3. No where in that movie did I see Lois doing anything that struck me as feminist or gutsy. Just stupid. I also didn't see her do anything against Richard. The roof scene was the confrontation you would expect. She had to confront Superman about leaving. She went flying with him, so. She almost kissed him so. But she didn't she remained true to Richard.

My problem with this Lois is the actress. I found her miscast. I can't even remember her name. But she just didn't work for me. I was spoiled by Teri. She could be soft, feminine even weak when needed, but she could also be tough as nails and gunho go get them in a way that worked for what I think most people picture Lois Lane being. Face it SR's Lois Lane will never be that. She will always come off as pathically out of charactier.

All of this is of course just my humble opinion.