I voted that I wanted a sequel to Superman Returns, but I'm really not sure. Me the Lois fan can so easily picture all kinds of bad things that a new movie might do to Lois. Lois's relationship with Richard White in SR doesn't bode well for any sort of Lois and Clark relationship in a sequel. And many of the most diehard Superman fanboys absolutely hated Lois in SR. The official reviewer of SR for www.supermanhomepage.com was Neal Bailey, who insisted that Lois was a terrible bitch in this moive, cruelly playing with men's hearts (well, because she seemed to be romancing Superman even though she was supposedly committed to Richard). Bailey also said that Lois was a horrible mother in SR, and that she was a feminazi! Come on, people! As if Lois was some sort of ultra-rabid man-hater bent on killing all men in Nazi-like concentration camps... come on! But that was the kind of hatred that SR's Lois inspired in some fanboys. What if the movie industry decides it will appease those fanboys by killing off or otherwise destroying Lois and giving the fanboys something to cheer about? And then they can please the fangirls by giving Superman a new love interest. All I can say is that if they make a movie like that, believe me, I won't see it.

Over at Zoomway's site, Georgia Walden wrote that it would perhaps have been better if there had been no sequels to the first Christopher Reeve movie, Superman the movie. The original movie was upbeat, optimistic and open-ended, and it was possible to imagine that Superman and Lois would get together afterwards. The second movie brutally dashed any hopes for a Lois and Superman relationship. So maybe I'm saying like Georgia Walden... yes, perhaps it would be better if there were no sequels to Superman Returns.

Ann