Besides, I really don't think it's a good idea to challenge or question what's written in your holy scripture, regardless of your religion. If you are doing that, I'm sort of wondering where your faith is.
I agree with most of what you've said about science and evolution, Metwin1, and I think you've expressed yourself well. However, I feel the need to point out the problem with this statement. I think what you were going for is that people who value their religion shouldn't get stressed out if they can't marry it with a science they also believe in (and please correct me if I inferred incorrectly). What your statement actually says, however, is that Biblical scholars have no faith, religious historians have no faith, people who go back and try to re-translate the Bible from early language to see if things were changed incorrectly have no faith, etc.

Even in divinity school, they teach Catholic priests what the problems with the various scriptures are, how the New Testament contradicts itself, etc. Saying that people shouldn't question anything about their religion is ignoring the fact that God -- whatever God one might believe in -- gave man free will. To then say that using that free will means one has no faith seems to contradict the point you were trying to make.

Kathy