I do believe in God, but I also believe in Evolution. Just because I believe in one, doesn't mean I don't believe in the other. There are several interpretations of both, and God probably had a hand in Evolution. There's an excellent chapter in Piers Anthony's "And Eternity" which argues Religion vs Evolution. One person argued for Religion, another person argued for Evolution, and the main character had to make a decision between the two. In the end, a decision couldn't be made between the two because of suppositions, but it was decided they weren't mutually exclusive. (I think. It's been a year or two since I read the book. I still love that chapter, though.) After all, Genesis says God did everything in 7 days. But who's to say it's earth days? Why can't one of God's days be several hundred millienia?

I had to answer undecided to the second question, because none of the answers fit. I couldn't answer Yes, because I don't believe we're going the way of Superman. Man's brain capacity has increased over the years, not his physical strength or certain other attributes. Man has gone from the Caveman with only slightly more brain power than a monkey, to what we are today. Now, I'm no scientist, so most of what I'm saying may be wrong. wink But I agree with most Science Fiction that we're heading towards an increase in brain function, possibly leading to ESP. I couldn't answer No, because of the second part to the sentence: Evolution teaches there is no god. On the contrary, Evolution makes no mention of religion. Oh, sure, certain religious officials SAY that Evolution says there is no god, but it doesn't. And just because there's no conlcusive scientific proof that there's a god, doesn't mean there isn't. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited