For GGGOH being one of the best, what LabRat said. <g>

I always thought it was the strongest ep in the entire series, featuring action, suspense, drama, and humor. It also epitomizes what hooked me on LnC in S1: a child's myth turned into an adult drama.

A super-strong, flying man from outer space is at home in a child's story - part of the magic of fantasy in that time of life. The producers took that myth, that impossibility from a child's fantasy world, and inserted him into the grownups' world and made him "real."

In GGGOH, the blending of the fantasy with a contemporary realism was unmatched anywhere else in the series, IMO. The enemy that Superman faced is an example of the kind of "realism" I'm talking about. Trask isn't a comic-book villain; he is exactly the kind of threat that an alien from outer space would probably have to face here on Earth: a xenophobe whose paranoid fear and mistrust prompt him to seek out and try to destroy what he perceives as a threat.

Does that make sense? I'm having a hard time explaining what I mean.

Anyway, those are my reasons for choosing GGGOH as one of the top eps. YMMV. <g> Outside of LnC my tastes run to contemporary action/adventure/comedy/romance so this ep fit perfectly. smile

Paul, what exactly didn't you like about this ep, and what were your favorite eps and why?

Shadowfax