otoh, the reason it took me so long to get to this poll is that i like folcs and fic a lot more than i ever liked the show.
Yeah, that sounds familiar <g> I mean, obviously I liked the show; I was hooked about halfway through the first run. I have a bunch of the episodes on tape, too -- but I really hardly ever watch them.

I guess I've got the opposite of LabRat Syndrome <g> While I do think that there are some good moments in each and every L&C episode, most of the time that's outweighed by all the cringe-inducing moments -- I think it's sympathetic embarrassment for the characters; I haven't quite got the objectivity to laugh at them. And sloppy writing bugs me; I can't get into the angst if I think the situation is absurd (i.e., TPvLL :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, I think I got hooked mainly on the show's premise and potential, and was frequently disappointed in what the show did with those <g> Fanfic is *perfect* for this sort of problem smile FOLC authors can explore each and every mutually-contradictory possibility, and in eight years we haven't come close to running out of topics (i.e., TOGOM, the ep which launched a thousand rewrites goofy ). And the quality is consistently high, which doesn't hurt wink

Anyway, cool poll, good topic. cool

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K