Yeah, yeah... I'm back. laugh

I've been reading comments and reflecting a bit... (shows you what a truly great story this is, CC)

I started to wonder why you had Lois and Clark disappear to the attic. What purpose did it serve if they were going to have their memories erased (not that *they* knew it, but I'm talking about CC's motivation)? Well, I came up with something which sorta goes along with what some others were saying, and also what you hinted at, CC.

I think their making love - as it's so commonly illustrated time and time again in fic - is the true melding of their souls, so to speak. An experience that leaves them fully connected, one heart as opposed to two seperate. So because of that, even after their memories are wiped, they're still connected. This ties in wonderfully with the idea that Lois and Clark each remember something that's just out of thier grasp. I'd like to think that feeling stays with them throughout the series. All those little moments when Lois catches herself looking at Clark or feeling something she's not really expecting of herself. And perhaps even those little moments where Lois *almost* thinks Clark might be someone more than who he pretends to be.

All of those... they tie back into what you've created, CC. Can you see it now? Can you see just how great this story is that it fits so well with the series that it's almost too hard to wrap your head around the idea? Heck, if I were you, I'd send it off to DC Comics or Warner Bros. or whoever owns the rights now. Seriously. Don't know if they'd go for it, but they damn well should!

It's really that great, CC. I just hope you know that. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.